NHL Around the League: 2021 VIII - The Chase For Lord Stanley's Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
stanley-cup-playoffs-2021-first-round-051321-sn-illustration_7mln6t2pkziu1mgav2dts3xpd.jpg

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
part of me thinks it's an absolute crock, and they need to put an end to it. But part of me is like "how often does it happen?"

like it said in the article, TB probably brings Kuch back at the deadline in an 82 game season. Would have been interesting to see what happened if they were battling for the 4th spot down the stretch
It’s happened in the past for sure but Idk about at this scale with a high profile/skill player like Kucherov on a contender.

Like Dom mentioned in his article on it, it happened with the Senators last year. They had MacArther, Gaborik and Callahan on their LTIR so Melnyk could duck their salaries and get to the cap floor. Never spent a cent of the cap saved.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I feel like every other year the Panthers have a great regular season and are poised to break their drought and finally arrive as a contender, then they blow it in the playoffs.

Though to be fair to them, they're playing against a team icing a lineup that's $9.5 million over the salary cap.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad