NHL Around the League: 2021 Regular Season IV-General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The battle for the 4th spot in several divisions is going to be super intense. The central and West in particular. With a phi win over buf today and a Bs loss to the caps, Philly will only be 2 pts behind that 4th spot. Hopefully neither happens. Of course the Bs have two games in hand. It is going to be a lot of fun after the deadline to see which teams get hot and which ones falter down the stretch. Could be some surprises.

Reactions: Trizz617

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
You'd think memorializing a team mate who passed would motivate the team to play their hearts out for him. Embarrassing comment by 97.
Considering Colby was one of his closest friends on the team and who has, along with his girlfriend, been there to help Colby's wife since the beginning I say good on McDavid.

The league knew about the service before they switched around the schedule. They could and should have scheduled the game for a different day.

Well done Connor.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
Considering Colby was one of his closest friends on the team and who has, along with his girlfriend, been there to help Colby's wife since the beginning I say good on McDavid.

The league knew about the service before they switched around the schedule. They could and should have scheduled the game for a different day.

Well done Connor.

I will say i didn't mean to sound so flippant. Thats not to discount Colby Cave, that was a really sad one.

That said, he probably wouldn't have said anything like that had they won the game. Just came off as a little tone deaf considering how things are these days.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I will say i didn't mean to sound so flippant. Thats not to discount Colby Cave, that was a really sad one.

That said, he probably wouldn't have said anything like that had they won the game. Just came off as a little tone deaf considering how things are these days.

McDavid would have blasted the league even if they had won.

Did you also know that the Bruins weren't supposed to play yesterday either?

The league scheduled the game for 1pm meaning the team could not participate in or watch the memorial. For the young guys that knew and played in Providence with him, it had to have been absolutely crushing.

The league was in the wrong here and I am glad someone is holding them accountable. For once it wasn't about hockey.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
This is an embarrassing comment tbh

Agree, so is thinking a corporation that has a limit schedule to work with in a covid season is going to work around a memorial service.

I have an idea rescuedual the service so that Both teams would have be able to celebrate Colby. I would think that would have been a more reasonable option.

Was McDavid complaining when he knew the game schedule changed ? Just another whiny blow hard.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

The guy barely says anything. To the point where people almost assume he’s a robot.

Perhaps if he’s speaking up, it is a little out of place to somehow infer he is spoiled or otherwise “out of line” in criticizing the league, whatever their constraints may be.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Agree, so is thinking a corporation that has a limit schedule to work with in a covid season is going to work around a memorial service.

I have an idea rescuedual the service so that Both teams would have be able to celebrate Colby. I would think that would have been a more reasonable option.

Was McDavid complaining when he knew the game schedule changed ? Just another whiny blow hard.

The amount of disrespect jammed into this post is hard to really wrap my mind around.

Why would you react like this to a guy who clearly is hurting from the loss of a friend? So he voiced some displeasure with the schedule and put at least some blame on the league? So what...

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
McDavid would have blasted the league even if they had won.

Did you also know that the Bruins weren't supposed to play yesterday either?

The league scheduled the game for 1pm meaning the team could not participate in or watch the memorial. For the young guys that knew and played in Providence with him, it had to have been absolutely crushing.

The league was in the wrong here and I am glad someone is holding them accountable. For once it wasn't about hockey.
Bang on, Ali.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
The amount of disrespect jammed into this post is hard to really wrap my mind around.

Why would you react like this to a guy who clearly is hurting from the loss of a friend? So he voiced some displeasure with the schedule and put at least some blame on the league? So what...

No disrespect in the least. My grown up pants tells me life is not fair and sometimes we have to deal with circumstances your given. Him complaining after the fact is a copout. (the game)

NHL has a powerful union,this should have been dealt with if it was such a big issue with the oilers. We are human I get it, the timing of his complaining rang hollow thats all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad