Seattle @ Chicago
Toronto @ Dallas
Vancouver @ Arizona
Calgary @ San Jose

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Cgy having all kinds of trouble against the team we pasted 6-1 and 7-3 in most recent games. As usual Markstrom was the difference. If anything in this game the Ducks had the slight edge in play. Other than Markstrom, and the Flames top line its interesting that everybody else has gone back to earth. Suddenly the out of his body Mangiopane heater is long gone and Flames having trouble with scoring depth. Gaudreau having to work magic every night now.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Cgy having all kinds of trouble against the team we pasted 6-1 and 7-3 in most recent games. As usual Markstrom was the difference. If anything in this game the Ducks had the slight edge in play. Other than Markstrom, and the Flames top line its interesting that everybody else has gone back to earth. Suddenly the out of his body Mangiopane heater is long gone and Flames having trouble with scoring depth. Gaudreau having to work magic every night now.
True. The Flames have been having problems with their depth scoring lately. Hopefully they peaked early. Hilarious that Sutter is burning out Markstrom. Just keep playing him please.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
Its hilarious to me that Mangypane somehow had 29G in 52GP in an absolute out of body fluke run is back to earth Scoring 1 goal in last 17GP. This is more like it, lol. AT one point his shooting percentage was like 24%. What the hell. Flames having so much puck luck this season.
It's been all sorts of luck for them. Half of their roster are having career years, the top line has been working with perfect chemistry, they have had no injuries and have gotten awesome goaltending. They'll fizzle out in the playoffs though, Sutter will start to wear out his welcome and Flames will be back to mediocrity. They don't have the players to sustain an elite team.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Its hilarious to me that Mangypane somehow had 29G in 52GP in an absolute out of body fluke run is back to earth Scoring 1 goal in last 17GP. This is more like it, lol. AT one point his shooting percentage was like 24%. What the hell. Flames having so much puck luck this season.
Wow I didn't even realize how cold he went

Reactions: oilers'72

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
85d3jqj.png

Thursday's games:

Nashville @ Ottawa
Montreal @ New Jersey
Pittsburgh @ NY Rangers
Philadelphia @ Columbus
Buffalo @ Carolina
Seattle @ Chicago
Toronto @ Dallas
Vancouver @ Arizona
Calgary @ San Jose

Oilers with by far the toughest schedule over the next 3 games. Oilers next 6-7 games are all playoff teams incl Colorado twice.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Oilers with by far the toughest schedule over the next 3 games. Oilers next 6-7 games are all playoff teams incl Colorado twice.
Yep. The Oilers' next seven games is the hardest stretch of the season: LAK/COL/MIN/NSH/VGK/DAL/COL. They are 6-6-1 against those teams this season.

Nashville has STL/CGY/TBL/MIN/CGY/COL in the final two weeks of the season.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
It's been all sorts of luck for them. Half of their roster are having career years, the top line has been working with perfect chemistry, they have had no injuries and have gotten awesome goaltending. They'll fizzle out in the playoffs though, Sutter will start to wear out his welcome and Flames will be back to mediocrity. They don't have the players to sustain an elite team.

The bolded has been my main critique. Outside of Gaudreau (who was a ghost for a few seasons in a row, interestingly good in a contract year) and Lindholm, overrated forward corps. That and their D, while solid, seems painfully vanilla. No real game breakers there. Hanifin and Tanev are solid, Ratmouse is overrated, and the two slugs are propped up by Sutter’s system.

Once the seams start to rip, Sutter will double down and the primadonnas will start to tune him out.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yep. The Oilers' next seven games is the hardest stretch of the season: LAK/COL/MIN/NSH/VGK/DAL/COL. They are 6-6-1 against those teams this season.

Time to see what we’re made of. Tough stretch but if we as good as we hope to believe we need to win against teams like these too.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Knights lose against the Nucks. Love to see it. And they lost pretty bad too. Eichel looks good though, very good even. Buffalo just gifting an already powerhouse team a superstar, makes me sick. Cause f*** Vegas and f*** Stars that aren’t willing to stick it out and build a winner.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG

Screenshot (1492).png
Last 11 Games, I see SJS, Van and CBJ as probable wins. In the worst case scenario, if we go ....3-5 vs the rest, we'll get those 99 points that are most likely needed to get in. So a record of 6-5 or 12 points in 11 games. We're in a good spot right now but we're in for a ride for the next few weeks. Obviously, the best case is holding on to 2nd in Pacific and having none of that Wild Card business.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

The avalanche games terrify me.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Knights lose against the Nucks. Love to see it. And they lost pretty bad too. Eichel looks good though, very good even. Buffalo just gifting an already powerhouse team a superstar, makes me sick. Cause f*** Vegas and f*** Stars that aren’t willing to stick it out and build a winner.

Meh, I'm not worried. Vegas got Eichel, sure, but he has a history of injury issues, as well as an attitude that if things don't go his way, he pouts about it.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Perfect, just in time for their UFA's to cash in. Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Mangipane, Kylington. All having career years in their contract year...

th

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Good chance to get ready for the playoffs. This schedule isn't the Devil, its just practice

tumblr_oj55ct9YSD1rrkahjo6_540.gifv
Can't remember what movie this one is from. Would like to see it again. heh.

I don't worry about who the Oilers play, and the Oilers have a tendency of playing up or down to opponents anyway. Often what happens in last couple weeks of schedule is teams that are already "made" take it easy and take some rest. These can sometimes be the easiest games as the teams just take it easy and repair for the playoffs. Playing teams in a spoiler role can be worse.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He should hit 1000 games no problem now. It would be nice to see him get to 200 goals as well. Making > $1 million and a role player and PK guy for Detroit. Doing what he has to do to stay in the league. That’s a guy who just loves the game.
Him and Cogs reunited next year ;)

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Can't remember what movie this one is from. Would like to see it again. heh.

I don't worry about who the Oilers play, and the Oilers have a tendency of playing up or down to opponents anyway. Often what happens in last couple weeks of schedule is teams that are already "made" take it easy and take some rest. These can sometimes be the easiest games as the teams just take it easy and repair for the playoffs. Playing teams in a spoiler role can be worse.
Batman Begins, which I think is my favourite of that trilogy.

Yeah personally I think we are a lock for the playoffs after this last run, there's almost no realistic way to not get to 95(6) points. That's a p% of 0.364, only like two teams have a worse p% than that over the whole season. It's not going to take more than 96 to make the playoffs, people are getting too carried away with fears about needing 99 points.

Also, I'd rather see CGY finish in first. It'll be funnier when they shit themselves against a central WC team again. If NSH can hold on, I'd like to see them brick both CGY and COL.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He should hit 1000 games no problem now. It would be nice to see him get to 200 goals as well. Making > $1 million and a role player and PK guy for Detroit. Doing what he has to do to stay in the league. That’s a guy who just loves the game.
Was just watching the hilites. Nice to see. Good feeds from Larkin, and of course great to see the Jets playoff chances go down in flames. Only good thing about the way the Jets looked is wearing their old WHA logo. Watch the hilites, the Jets were not very good. Give up the shorty, then on winning goal Wings score on the 3rd shot. Wheeler and Ehlers standing around thinking about how long before golfing.

Last edited:

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

Was just watching the hilites. Nice to see. Good feeds from Larkin, and of course great to see the Jets playoff chances go down in flames. Only good thing about the way the Jets looked is wearing their old WHA logo.

Nice to see that for Gagner. Even nicer that it led to the Jets getting shot down by a non-playoff team. So very sad :sarcasm:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Batman Begins, which I think is my favourite of that trilogy.

Yeah personally I think we are a lock for the playoffs after this last run, there's almost no realistic way to not get to 95(6) points. That's a p% of 0.364, only like two teams have a worse p% than that over the whole season. It's not going to take more than 96 to make the playoffs, people are getting too carried away with fears about needing 99 points.

Also, I'd rather see CGY finish in first. It'll be funnier when they shit themselves against a central WC team again. If NSH can hold on, I'd like to see them brick both CGY and COL.
Thanks. I see Nashville as fodder. Dallas have beaten Colorado and Calgary before and are built for playoffs. Really want them to make it instead. Would be a better chance of ABC happening. ;)

Reactions: North Cole
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad