Not open for further replies.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Seth Jones on IR for 3 weeks , fractured foot

Ouch:
(lucky it wasn't worse)

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 2h2 hours ago

Berglund's skate blade cut through Jones' skate - the laces and tongue - and cut his foot, fractured a bone. #CBJ #StLBlues

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Seth Jones on IR for 3 weeks , fractured foot

Ouch:
(lucky it wasn't worse)

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 2h2 hours ago

Berglund's skate blade cut through Jones' skate - the laces and tongue - and cut his foot, fractured a bone. #CBJ #StLBlues

Always amazed skate blades don't do more damage around the league. Bodies flipping around, on the ice in piles, skates going this way and that. Even the close calls are fewer than I would guess.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Holy crap. That's a lot of force, even for a sharp edge.

Huge loss for them but Zach Werenski playing so well should help. A bit green , as any 19 yr old rookie usually is but boy the kid has talent. Speed, skill and great vision. Pretty steady, doesn't panic, makes good decisions. He's averaging about 20 min a game and was partnered with Jones. You add Murray to that mix and that's a pretty high trio of young d.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Huge loss for them but Zach Werenski playing so well should help. A bit green , as any 19 yr old rookie usually is but boy the kid has talent. Speed, skill and great vision. Pretty steady, doesn't panic, makes good decisions. He's averaging about 20 min a game and was partnered with Jones. You add Murray to that mix and that's a pretty high trio of young d.

I saw some of the Jackets-Canadiens game and Werenski looked great on the power play. Strong at setting up teammates for goals.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Honestly surprised they got a deal done.

The Jets were holding all the cards, he doesn't sign by Dec 1, he can't play this year.
And maybe they have a trade partner who wanted him signed and he agreed.

Either way, another soap opera ended.

and it's something he needed to do, sitting out does him no good, he needs to play.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The Jets were holding all the cards, he doesn't sign by Dec 1, he can't play this year.
And maybe they have a trade partner who wanted him signed and he agreed.

Either way, another soap opera ended.

and it's something he needed to do, sitting out does him no good, he needs to play.

Yep. He's an RFA. Only so much bluffing you can do before you have to sit out the whole year, which is bad for everyone.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
It actually sounds like Winnipeg folded. Friedman reported last week that Trouba would be willing to sign a bridge deal but Chevy didn't want one because he knew in a couple years that could really bite them.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It actually sounds like Winnipeg folded. Friedman reported last week that Trouba would be willing to sign a bridge deal but Chevy didn't want one because he knew in a couple years that could really bite them.

I don't know Winnipeg's cap situation at all...other than there are a lot of skilled youth coming up at the same time, so I guess that could be a problem. But a lot of the old guard, like Enstrom, would be hitting the ol dusty trail at that point, wouldn't they?

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
way to hold out for $3M a year. Time to get a new agent there Jacob

Agent is the same Turris has and a similar situation. Turris was traded 3 weeks later.

Jets held all the cards, and I still think he'll get traded

And in 2 years he could get a better deal than the 5 M the Jets were offering (rumor) for 6 yrs. He had to sign before Dec 1 or lose the year.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I don't know Winnipeg's cap situation at all...other than there are a lot of skilled youth coming up at the same time, so I guess that could be a problem. But a lot of the old guard, like Enstrom, would be hitting the ol dusty trail at that point, wouldn't they?

A lot of expiring contracts in the next 3-4 years. Not sure how it's all going to play out but I think Winnipeg has an internal cap as well so that will hurt them too.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Agent is the same Turris has and a similar situation. Turris was traded 3 weeks later.

And in 2 years he could get a better deal than the 5 M the Jets were offering (rumor) for 6 yrs. He had to sign before Dec 1 or lose the year.

The market for D men will be extremely difficult until after the expansion draft because teams can't protect all the ones they want to keep now.

Winnipeg actually has a weak hand here.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Ya when I saw the Turris thing I was thinking who the hell would hire this guy again.
This is a sweet deal for the jets. For some reason I do not see them trading him this season, but we will see.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
The market for D men will be extremely difficult until after the expansion draft because teams can't protect all the ones they want to keep now.

Winnipeg actually has a weak hand here.

that had nothing to do with contract talks. The jets had the greater hand because it's in Trouba's best interest for him to play, and the jets have depth on D to get by without him.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I haven't seen the Blues much but he looked like he was hustling out there. Guess Hitch isn't happy...

Jeremy Rutherford Verified account
‏@jprutherford

Yakupov will be a healthy scratch for third straight game. Hitch says he doesn't need to need do anything different, just not one of top 12.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
that had nothing to do with contract talks. The jets had the greater hand because it's in Trouba's best interest for him to play, and the jets have depth on D to get by without him.

I was referring to their ability to trade him, not anything to do with the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad