Around The League - 15-16 Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If Johansen get his head on straight this is a huge win for Nashville.

For Jones? I wouldn't say that. If he gets his head on straight it is a win/win. If not then Preds lose. I'll give RyJo the benefit of the doubt and say both teams get what they need.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
So .... contrary to earlier reports it appears that it is possible to make trades, even real hockey trades.

Come on Chevy.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Jones for RyJo....good old fashion hockey trade. Very cool.

As a side note, Roman Josi is sick good and holy hell is he a smooth skater

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Quite a day around the league. Time to do some catching up on today's moves. One day soon maybe we will get to talk about what Chevy did.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So .... contrary to earlier reports it appears that it is possible to make trades, even real hockey trades.

Come on Chevy.

Well what we have gotten today is a mid round pick and a c prospect for two washed up players. We also got two young established A players moved one for one. Who do we really have that fits that profile other than Trouba and Scheifele and at the moment I'm really not all that keen to move either. Although today's action may entice other teams so we may see a Buff or Ladd deal sooner than anticipated.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Well what we have gotten today is a mid round pick and a c prospect for two washed up players. We also got two young established A players moved one for one. Who do we really have that fits that profile other than Trouba and Scheifele and at the moment I'm really not all that keen to move either. Although today's action may entice other teams so we may see a Buff or Ladd deal sooner than anticipated.

If Weal is a c prospect so is Petan. They have very similiar resumes, Weal is just two years further along.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If Weal is a c prospect so is Petan. They are very similiar is resume, Weal is just two years further along.

Is he? I will have to look into him in a bit more detail then.

Edit:

He scored better as a 16 year old but scored roughly .3 ppg less in his draft and draft plus one years before scoring at the same pace in their draft plus 2 years. I may have under-ratted him a bit as he looks like a solid B level prospect, but I'd say Petan was more impressive than him as a junior.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad