Around the League 15-16 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
What should be a good game tonight , Blues (5-1) - Habs (6-0) , the 2 best teams in the NHL right now.

Montreal (6-0, 7 Goals allowed and +13 goal differential ) they're 3rd in the nHL in ES shot attempts and have made some changes in their style to take pressure off Carey Price. Their defense is playing well and the 4 lines are all contributing. Petry has adjusted nicely to his new team which has helped.

http://www.tsn.ca/undefeated-habs-playing-the-right-way-1.379620

The Canadiens have allowed just seven goals in six games. They have generated 47 more even-strength shot attempts (SAT) than their opponents (275-228), which helps illustrate puck possession. They have created two more “high-danger scoring chances,” than their opponents, according to war-on-ice.com, after allowing a minus-20 ratio last season.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Another interesting matchup tonight is the Panthers at Pens

Jagr who is playing reall well right now, with 4 goals and 3 assist in 5 games, going back to Pittsburg.

And it's hard to believe Sid Crosby has played 5 games and has no points. I guess adjusting to Kessell and vise versa is taking time, apparently their styles don't mesh Kessell likes the perimeter and Crosby is more comfortable dishing in a 8 to 10 foot range.
But eventually you'd have to think that's too much talent not to make it work.
I think the Cats are playing better right now and knowing how motivated Jagr is on most nights, in front of the old home town, he'll be fired up. Hope he puts on a show.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Hopefully the Jackets struggle the whole season and prompts them to unload one of their stars to us again for nothing. Johanson, Foligno? Hell, I'd take Jack back!

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Stars are going to be a tough out in the playoffs, defense is a bit weak and young but they are loaded offensively. And most of their roster has been involved in a deep playoff run.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
I hope the Islanders crush the Blue Jackets tonight. Overrated team.

Done!

1375102454461750600.gif

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I'm literally shocked at the Blue Jackets, I really thought that was a massive sleeper team. I guess I can use that futures bet I had on them winning the East as toilet paper.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Hopefully the Jackets struggle the whole season and prompts them to unload one of their stars to us again for nothing. Johanson, Foligno? Hell, I'd take Jack back!

When do they play us, because you know what happened the last time a team struggled and was on a long losing streak...:cry:

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
I remember sometime during the off season some kings fan got in an argument with bj fan and think they made a bet about who's team is gonna do better. I would be gloating already lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad