Around the League 14: PLAY GLORIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Excellent hire, smartest move Botts has ever made. People in Edmonton all say their management were idiots for getting rid of him. But the big thing is this: his former players absolutely LOVE the guy. His rep among players is so great that guys are going to want to come here to play for him. One of those former players of his is Jeff Skinner, and now it is all but certain he is staying.

How is Skinner a former player of his? Krueger has only ever coached in the nhl for Edmonton and the one international tournament he worked for team Canada didn’t feature Skinner. Their respective careers didn’t overlap in carolina and Krueger was only a scout here anyway. What am I missing?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
How is Skinner a former player of his? Krueger has only ever coached in the nhl for Edmonton and the one international tournament he worked for team Canada didn’t feature Skinner. Their respective careers didn’t overlap in carolina and Krueger was only a scout here anyway. What am I missing?
You don't remember Skinner's stint with Southampton?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Clarification: while he was a scout he was still very liked by guys, and it has been reported that Jeff is a big fan of his.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
FB_IMG_1558069012463.jpg
FB_IMG_1558068986697.jpg

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
That’s market value guys.
Maybe. But having his best year in his walk year after 35 points the year before and pretty consistently living in the mid to low 40's, it'd be just barely. He's a free agent off a good year, so it's not an insane contract, but I'd rather find a more consistent performer than that personally. Maybe that's the guy he'll be in his role post-Tavares. We'll see.

Reactions: Unsustainable
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad