Around Hockey XVII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
And as usual I don't think the big contract is that crazy. The Flyers are going to be pretty pleased to have an elite two-way winger for the next 8 years.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Seems a bit much for one really good season and some solid ones before that, don't know how he'll take the pressure now. Regardless, good for Jake for cashing in

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Flyer fans seem pleased; at first blush I thought it was a bit high but after reading their comments and his stats I think it is a good deal. He's like a .8xx ppg over the last 4 years I think. Not bad.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Can't imagine what Joey will command...6 years at 9.x???

It is going to be expensive. If he has a 70+ season I'm thinking he asks for 10. Hopefully we can get him somewhere in the 9's. Seems like the top guys are getting big $ deals at younger ages which maybe is how it should be. Even if we sign Joey for 8x10 that will be through his prime years. I think the guys who will be hurt in this environment are guys like JJ who will need a new deal at age 30/31. He's not going to see the 6 or 7 years at big bucks that he could have received a few years ago. Maybe a 3 or 4 year deal tops and probably not at top $.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Hopefully there will be a lockout again before then :sarcasm:

But seriously, we may be heading towards one, as crazy as it sounds. If he continues to improve like he's showed, he'll be asking for $10m

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
So the Bruins are talking to Marek Zidlicky. If they sign him, I assume 1 less team interested in Erhoff. Then hope his price tag drops once again and takes the offer from Columbus.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
the deal between NHL & MLB to produce digital content on MLBAM is going to be awesome. Availability for all replays, centre ice packages by team on your mobile phone.. now I'm going to be just like my kids.. put that phone down and talk to me during dinner.. I can't I'm watching all the great saves/ goals made last night.. ha ha

Nice to see the NHL getting all over this..

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
and all those Blackhawk fans mocking us when Joey said we didnt want him anyways saying they are glad their young players arent immature and all that stuff

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think this is a little more serious than being 'immature'...

Yeah but being immature got him in this trouble to begin with.

On a side not what if Chicago didn't win that lottery and Philly got Kane. He would have developed under the leagues 2 party boys in Richards and Carter... I cant even imagine what he'd be like.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
There's a real estate firm in Cincy that's basically about to kill off one of the few hockey facilities in the Nashville area:

Cincinnati developer Al. Neyer has made an offer to buy the 175,000-square-foot complex and intends to convert it into office space. If the sale is finalized, the multi-sport facility will cease operations next spring.

[...]

Williamson County would lose its only ice-skating facility and Middle Tennessee one-third of its regulation ice surfaces. The remaining four are split evenly between Centennial Sportsplex in West End, the Predators’ practice facility, and Ford Ice Center in Antioch, which opened last September as part of a public-private partnership between the team and the city of Nashville.
http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/2015/07/30/agame-franklin-closing-nashville-hockey/30617971/

Anyone up for, like, a letter writing campaign or something? They have a "contact us" page here:
http://neyer.com/contact-us/

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
There's a real estate firm in Cincy that's basically about to kill off one of the few hockey facilities in the Nashville area:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/2015/07/30/agame-franklin-closing-nashville-hockey/30617971/

Anyone up for, like, a letter writing campaign or something? They have a "contact us" page here:
http://neyer.com/contact-us/

OK, this is quite an emotional issue, but I saw nothing in the article as to why the current owners are selling. Is the facility losing money? Is there not enough demand for the facility? Let's cut through the emotions and get to reality.

If the area can support more sheets of ice, and it is profitable, then someone will jump in and construct new facilities. If not, then they will have to go with what the market can bear.

I am not trying to be cold blooded here, but money talks and BS walks. If the Nashville market can support more sheets of ice, then they will be built, just as they were built here in Columbus. Emotions don't keep businesses going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad