OT: Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Florida is back in a playoff spot for now. Gonna be an interesting last 12 games for them. Pittsburgh is a point behind.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

• Fanatics will replace Adidas as the official uniform supplier for the National Hockey League starting with the 2024-2025 season.

• The 10-year deal marks a deepening of the company’s relationship with the NHL and the first time Fanatics branding will appear on official player uniforms in professional sports.

• Fanatics runs the NHL’s e-commerce site for fans with more than 90 million customers worldwide.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Why are teams continually putting themselves in an unwinnable position with pride jerseys? Marketing shouldn't interfere with the hockey.

Reactions: Hoek

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The fact that I can't tell if this is a serious tweet, and I'm inclined to believe it is, is peak NCAA.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I don't see how the World Cup of Hockey is supposed to work without either cutting in European leagues, or having teams like TNA and Team Europe.

Russia probably won't have a team. That's already a ton of big names not playing. Ovi, Kuch, Vasy, Shesterkin, Kaprizov, Panarin, etc.

Then you have guys who can't field a team due to too few NHL contracts. Switzerland, Germany, Slovakia(!), Denmark, Latvia. Meaning no Draisaitl, Meier, Seider, Stutzle, Josi, Hischier, or Cernak.

That leaves Canada, USA, Sweden, Finland, & Czechia.

Last edited:

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
HF Lightnings very own and beloved Stammertime91 played high level hockey this weekend. Tied at 7 with 20 seconds to go and I pulled a 10/10 Callahans on a knee on knee. Got a powerplay and won it 20 seconds into OT.

Post game: "yeah you know, we got pucks in deep, strong on the forecheck. They're a good hockey club over there but we were determined to get it done."

What did you think about that late hit?

"Well you know, I beat his geriatric ass and he went for the hit. Penalty all day long. I'm just glad we got the job done."

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

NHL apparently checking on Salt Lake City.

The AHL commissioner being on the hot seat is interesting. At least publicly, the AHL will accommodate the NHL as much as they can. Howson losing support so quickly seems to indicate some broken campaign promises.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

NHL apparently checking on Salt Lake City.

The AHL commissioner being on the hot seat is interesting. At least publicly, the AHL will accommodate the NHL as much as they can. Howson losing support so quickly seems to indicate some broken campaign promises.

He was a terrible GM. I was surprised he got the job in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad