Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Reporting for duty.....

bill-armstrong-intro-presser-coyotes.jpg

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
If Army agrees to a lowball offer on OEL and gives a new contract to Tocchet i will name him an "another PowerPoint guy".
But in the other hand, you can't fix such a mess overnight. We need to give him some time and credit.

Mixed feelings.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Damn GMBA's man crush on Tocchet. Get Tocchet OUT OF HERE.

The desperately needed complete overhaul will become a retooling with more Tocchet input. FML.

Reactions: moosemeister

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona

The desperately needed complete overhaul will become a retooling with more Tocchet input. FML.

I wouldn’t be so sure about the man crush. I think that was more as a player. In his interview yesterday after the draft he specifically named Sullivan and Walker as guys on the staff he went to to get more input on what ingredients the team needed more of going forward, so he could add that information into his own plan. He singled those guys out and did not mention Tocchet’s name once the whole interview. Could be nothing there but I thought it was interesting...

Reactions: _Del_

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I bet one of the guys not wanting to get traded because of “lifestyle” too is probably Stepan. In fact he would be my first guess. Has a young family and wife probably loves it. And Step is pretty smart, I’m sure he sees the writing on the wall...he knows what’s coming for this group, and that is a complete overhaul.

Reactions: Mosby

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ

What did he say? I just listened to his post draft interview and he could have named RT but he didn't. Instead he identified Steve Sullivan as a contributor.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Sounds like a good hire. It appears that we're moving towards being a typical well run organization instead of having one guy act like he's a video game Be A GM mixed with Moneyball influences.

Reactions: ck26 and rt

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
22. Sportlogiq’s had a good (or bad) summer, depending on your point of view. Chris Boucher left for an NHL job, and now, Matt Perri, its director of hockey operations, is going to Arizona.

31 Thoughts: Intriguing NHL futures bets for 2020–21 season

Saw this on 31 Thoughts - anybody know what/where in Arizona he's headed?
Craig Morgan listed him among the new faces on the Coyotes on yesterday's article going over the whole offseason. So just a new analytics hire for the Coyotes. My impression of Sportslogiq is that they do a lot of tracking of microstats like who causes the most turnovers via stick checks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad