RDS: Armstrong not coming back

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
He had a bad case of Spacekitis and Downeyitis. Cool guy but sucked.

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006
He had a bad case of Spacekitis and Downeyitis. Cool guy but sucked.

Spacek was overpaid, but he didn't suck.

Signing Armstrong was a no risk move. He just isn't good anymore. Oh well. At least he didn't hurt the team.

Apr 28, 2010
Im sure he gets resigned if only he scored those breakaways he had last season. He had so many chances but he just couldnt bury them.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
@armdog: It was a dream come true to wear the CH. My family and I are blessed. Merci tres tres much to MTL for having us #awesomefans #shortbutsweet

He seemed like an awesome guy, too bad injuries have really effected his career.

Analyzer*

Great team guy and all, but he was nowhere near as physical as one would have hoped even for him.

I see him as having trouble getting an NHL gig.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Just another piece of extra fat that gets cut from the bacon.Now, lets get rid of DD and Gionta and replace them with something better.:handclap: Mr Bergevin.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
@armdog: It was a dream come true to wear the CH. My family and I are blessed. Merci tres tres much to MTL for having us #awesomefans #shortbutsweet

He seemed like an awesome guy, too bad injuries have really effected his career.

Was his dream to skate for the CH and get paid to float and not hit? He fulfilled that dream to perfection.

Habiton

Apr 30, 2010
Was his dream to skate for the CH and get paid to float and not hit? He fulfilled that dream to perfection.

Oh come on, he was far from a floater. He wasn't a tough guy punching everything he sees but he was an effective 4th liner.

I, for one, hope he enjoyed his time and wish him the best of luck

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Oh come on, he was far from a floater. He wasn't a tough guy punching everything he sees but he was an effective 4th liner.

I, for one, hope he enjoyed his time and wish him the best of luck

I can't recall one instance where he stood out, or made a memorable impact. He's a big body who played with zero passion or intensity this year, it's his own fault the team doesn't want him back. If he played with 1/2 of Prust's energy, he would be welcomed back.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Goodbye, Colby. Cool, funny guy. I'll always remember your first goal against New Jersey, March 16th, the night of St-Patrick's day festivities- I watched it with Michael Ryder across the bar at Hurley's Pub, who didn't care about the game at all. Now both of you are gone.

Last edited:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Yay. Armstrong seemed to be very well-liked by his teammates and coaches, and he always tried hard. But the unfortunate reality is that he makes about as little contribution on the ice as a player can possibly make while still hanging onto an NHL job. I was a little worried that his popularity would lead to him being retained. Good to hear the Habs are looking to improve on him.

I thought he got better as the season wore on, but its clear that the things that made him valuable in this league are no longer there. He seems unable to play as physical as he once did, perhaps due to the accumulation of injuries, and his speed is not what it used to be.

The heart and desire was still evident, and that's why I can't really criticize him. Wish him all the best.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
As has been said, seems like a good guy. Didn't hurt us on the ice, but didn't hurt anybody on the ice and for the 4th you need energy guys who bang away at the opposition and wear them down and bruise them. Okay, what does St. Louis want for Ryan Reaves or Columbus for Boll ?

KerryFraser

Apr 6, 2008
I can't recall one instance where he stood out, or made a memorable impact. He's a big body who played with zero passion or intensity this year, it's his own fault the team doesn't want him back. If he played with 1/2 of Prust's energy, he would be welcomed back.

I think you're confused, we are not talking about Travis Moen but Colby Armstrong.

A big body? yes, a 6 foot 2 guy but not that big as you figured. I don't know what is your standards when you talking about big body. As for the passion and the intensity, you are again in the fields. I'm sorry for him but he is just too slow and too old for this league now, that's it.

KerryFraser

Apr 6, 2008
We were expecting a more physical game from him...

I was expecting this. The Habs give him a chance, that was not a bad decision by MB. But due to all of the injuries he had and what he brings to us, it's clear the guy he's not in the peak of his career, it's a good move now to let him go.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Great lockerroom guy and team guy. If only injuires didn't hurt his career. His heart was there but sadly not the performance

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Too bad he's not what he used to be. Found that he got a lot of unnecessary hate though. Seemed like a great guy but yeah definitely would rather give his minutes to White or Dumont or hopefully some other effective 4th liner.

Good luck, Colby!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad