Line Combos: Armchair Line Combos in the Playoffs

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I didn't see anything like this on this page unless I missed it but I thought it would be fun to have a dedicated thread to play armchair coach.

Rick Tochett played this for game 1:

Hoglander-Pettersson-Lafferty
Suter-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland
PDG-Blueger-Mikheyev

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Zadorov-Cole

Demko

personally I think this was good but im of the impression that our third line at this point is our 2nd line so id love to see us run this

Pettersson-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland
Mikheyev-Suter-Hoglander
PDG-Blueger-Lafferty

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Zadorov-Cole

Demko

I find the whole purpose of acquiring Lindholm was so we can run the lotto line and now that it seems that lindholm is finding his stride this may be a prime opportunity to try this.

anyways I'd love to see what lines you guys would want to see.

Reactions: David71

Iron Mike Sharpe

Dec 6, 2017
He's really gotta rock

Joshua - Pettersson - Garland

for reals. He put Garland with Pettersson for, like, 2 games, it looked really promising, but now he's back to sticking him with a fourth liner like Lafferty. Joshua and Garland have worked their way into the top 6, and Pettersson could use the boost. Then go

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser
Suter - Lindholm - Mikheyev
xx - Blueger - Lafferty

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I think I like the idea of having the Lotto in the back pocket to add some spice once in a while instead of using it full time. I don't love Suter being in the top-6 in general but can't deny the results Suter - Miller - Boeser have had together.

I would also like to keep the 3rd line together as it is and try to see if you can figure out Petey's line with other pieces first. Lafferty was definitely not the answer there.

Reactions: sting101 and bh53

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
You guys are a lot more willing to suddenly mess with chemistry than I am, personally. I would just do this:

Suter - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Lindholm - Garland
Hoglander - Pettersson - Mikheyev/Podkolzin
Podkolzin/Mikheyev - Blueger - Lafferty

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I think I like the idea of having the Lotto in the back pocket to add some spice once in a while instead of using it full time. I don't love Suter being in the top-6 in general but can't deny the results Suter - Miller - Boeser have had together.

I would also like to keep the 3rd line together as it is and try to see if you can figure out Petey's line with other pieces first. Lafferty was definitely not the answer there.

I think I've changed my mind already lol.

If Petey is going to be utter dog shit away from the Lotto line, we may have no choice but to play them together and just hope the bottom-6 can just tread water and get the hell off the ice.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I really want to see this lineup. Most of the lines have developed some chemistry. Just roll all 4 lines. It might help players with low confidence aswell, such as Pettersson and Hoglander.

Miller Pettersson Boeser
Joshua Blueger Garland
Mikheyev Lindholm Lafferty
Hoglander Suter Podkolzin

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I just want to see:

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser
Hoglander - Lindholm - Suter
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Mikheyev - Aman - Lafferty

I'd like to see Podkolzin draw in too but Suter has played well enough to deserve sticking in the top nine for another game or two. Otherwise, move Mikheyev up and swap Aman for Pod.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I'd still keep the Lindholm/Miller lines intact. They're driving play, the offense will come. Petey and Hog have to figure their shit out.

Rick went to the lotto line a few times last night and I didn't really see a spark from them.

Reactions: Regal

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I'd still keep the Lindholm/Miller lines intact. They're driving play, the offense will come. Petey and Hog have to figure their shit out.

Rick went to the lotto line a few times last night and I didn't really see a spark from them.

Yea, I think Suter-Miller-Boeser has been better than anything we’ve seen from the lotto line since the NY game. It’s not like McDavid-Draisaitl where they know they can go back to it with success. If the lotto line isn’t obviously better then you’re not really getting better and also not getting the chance that the Pettersson line comes through.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
the offense needs pettersson. lotto line is not a bad idea at all.

pettersson - miller - boeser (~21 min)
joshua - lindholm - garland (~17 min)
mikheyev - blueger - lafferty (~12 min)
hoglander - suter - podkolzin (~10 min)

live and die by the top-6

Reactions: Son of Petter

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Hog-JTM-BB6
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland
Miki-Petey-Lafferty
PDG/Pod-Blueger-Suter

O-zone starts for top 2 lines, defensive assignments for the bottom 2 lines.

Would change PP1 to: BB6 (left board one-timer) - JTM (right board one-timer) - Lindholm (bumper) - Joshua (net front) - Hughes

More offensive opportunities isn't doing Petey any favor right now. If anything, with every miss shot/chance, it seems to wear on him more and more. Give him the shutdown role, let him contribute in a different area, and hopefully rebuild his confidence by playing a different role rather then to keep trying to force offense out of him.

Tonystretcher

Oct 25, 2017
Suter - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Pettersson - Garland
Hoglander - Lindholm - Lafferty
PDG - Blueger - Mikheyev

Suter has been great and deserves to keep his spot on the Miller line. Joshua/Garland feels like the best option to get Petey going. Hoglander needs to figure it out soon or be bumped down to the 4th line.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
J.T.-Lindholm-Brock Boeser
Joshua-Pettersson-Conor Garland
Podkolzin-Suter-Hoglander(sheltered)
Mikheyev-Blueger-Lafferty

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
It is the failure of the PP.
They get a goal a game on the PP and the outcome is different.

Split the PP's

PP 1 - Pettersson - Miller - Hronek - Podkolzin - Zadoroz

PP 2 - Hughes, Myers, Joshua, Garland, Boeser

PP1 is the "umbrella they are using now.
PP2 has Hughes skating circles around the dzone and getting Joshua, Boeser and Myers pinching down to cause a melee in front of the blue.

First PP passes twice behind the net pulling defenders lower then out to the D for a blast or two. Allow either dman to press towards net.

Either PP, get the Preds going in circles watching the puck then do a "pick" wink, wink nudge nudge by having a big guy on the far side before coming around behind the net so he blocks, slows the movement from one side to the other, The same with Hughes circling.
Two big guys in front will block or slow movement to the other side of the net.

One other line change, Silvos for DeSmith.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad