Armchair GM Thread LXXXIV: 'Tyler Myers = Key To Success' Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
1. Acquire every player that is 6'6" and taller.
2. Lay them down across the blue line.
3. Opponent can't enter our zone.
4. ???
5. Profit.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Size isnt important, but size and speed are like matthias and kassian.

would you rather have a player thats faster than burrows and higgins or bigger, either one and those 2 are probably twice the player they currently are.

a 205 burrows would be a 200% better player if he maintained his speed. He does t have the core like domi or gallagher do to be a short dominate player

defs want myers and i bet the price is right

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
WHAT IF?????

WHAT IF WE SIGN EVERY PLAYER IN THE NHL AND THE AHL AND THE ECHL????

All the other teams will not have enough players and we could just basically win our third Presidents Trophy and hopefully past the second round

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
WHAT IF?????

WHAT IF WE SIGN EVERY PLAYER IN THE NHL AND THE AHL AND THE ECHL????

All the other teams will not have enough players and we could just basically win our third Presidents Trophy and hopefully past the second round

tumblr_m48xv4svpG1qh19o2.gif

So I heard you guys want Marc Staal. :sarcasm:

Nah, he's too mainstream. I want the lesser known/successful Jared Staal.

On a more serious/boring note...

I think my list of ideal defensive targets right now is
- Dmitry Orlov (young, is better on RD even though left handed, good offensively, but some injury concerns)
- Adam Larsson (young, RD, untapped potential, but still might cost an arm and a leg)
- Jeff Petry (only if we don't give up a guaranteed 2nd, conditional pick based on him re-signing)
- Zbynek Michalek (not going to help us offensively, but still a capable 2nd pairing guy. Same condition as Petry)
- Tom Gilbert (Montreal has to retain a decent amount of his cap hit because he isn't playing well right now)
- James Wizneiwski (I doubt Columbus moves him, he's one of their better players)
- Marek Zidlicky (only if we can acquire him for something less than a 2nd)

There is a noticeable lack of Yandle/Byfuglien/Green/etc because they are UFAs soon and will cost us quite a bit to acquire. I'm not interested in giving up a lot for someone who could walk away in a year (or less in Green's case).
Also, no Franson because I doubt Toronto moves him for futures considering their playoff position right now.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
OMGZ Myerz is th3 next CHARA!

In the last 3 seasons Myers (currently) is -40

Your team is as good as your players. It stands to reason if your players suck, your team will suck. It just so happens Buffalo is terrible, and it's no coincidence Myers is leading the way with an outstanding -40.

I'm not saying I wouldn't welcome Myers to the Canucks, just not for what's being asked for. I feel his price tag is absolutely insane, and you're paying for "what if" more than what you're actually getting. Remember folks it's been 5 years since he's had an impactful season.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

Your team is as good as your players. It stands to reason if your players suck, your team will suck. It just so happens Buffalo is terrible, and it's no coincidence Myers is leading the way with an outstanding -40.

I'm not saying I wouldn't welcome Myers to the Canucks, just not for what's being asked for. I feel his price tag is absolutely insane, and you're paying for "what if" more than what you're actually getting. Remember folks it's been 5 years since he's had an impactful season.

He'd also be our highest paid DMan.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta

He is a gamble,but would you not think he would thrive,under a different coach,team?He could either bust out,or crash like Cody Hodgson.Wow CH,,,,1 goal 2 assists,,minus 11

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
The Myers acquisition probably won't come off. Canucks cannot afford to pay what Buffalo will want. Also, I am surprised the guy is signed to a long term. I totally doubt the Sabres move him.
Benning would have to be one hundred percent sure this kid is the next big thing. Too risky!

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
I would be livid if we gave up the Buffalo's asking price for Myers.

There is no way that is going to be a good idea.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
There is too much risk involved in Myers' contract to give up a lot for him. The Sabres can sell him as an unfinished product now but whoever gets him is stuck with him if he flops imo. You can only sell that so long.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam

I'm sure Chara wouldn't be a minus on Buffalo. he would single handedly turn them into a good team.

NOT!

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Myers could very well be the softest 6'8 athlete in North America pro sports. The guy doesn't use his size at all and ever since his offensive game has tailed off he doesn't really do anything well as he was never a very good defender to begin with.

LolClarkson*

He is a gamble,but would you not think he would thrive,under a different coach,team?He could either bust out,or crash like Cody Hodgson.Wow CH,,,,1 goal 2 assists,,minus 11

Never make big gambles with young defenseman. Its not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad