Speculation: Armchair GM Thread 2021-22 V (The Undiscovered Country)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
So, no freak outs or anything, or don't quote me.
I hear this Eichel thing is f***ing really, really close.
Heavy-Breathing-Cat.jpg

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

I’ve heard, again, from a decent source, that the threat of grievance and Pat Brisson’s ‘I don’t give a f*** about your feelings’ has jumped the discussion again.

Calgary’s been the closest to getting this done for the past few weeks and it’s been a chess match. Buffalo doesn’t want this Eichel thing to continue to spiral with grievance through the NHLPA; they’re already an albatross market for players, they don’t get hometown discounts, they don’t get FA’s that come without getting absolutely paid… Eichel is a well respected American player, and this is making them look horrible.

I honestly think they’re a few players off. I’ve been told Tre wants to get this done while they’re out East for some reason lol.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Some combination of Monahan (to a third team if needed), Tkachuk (liked him before, but just doesnt seem to care atm), Välimäki (hate to say this but I'd rather keep Kylington), picks and prospects to finalize the deal. Should not be 2022 unprotected first, absolutely no to Mangiapane being included

edit: reading Volica's comments on Trade rumours forum, no to Dube being included as well when it comes to roster players.

Last edited:

Bond

May 10, 2012
From what I'm hearing, it's basically coming down to Buffalo wanting either Mangi or Dube, and us wanting to send Valimaki or a prospect their way as the final piece.
Is that from this thread or the Eichel thread on the main trade board? haha

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Who knows but if they are actually close, I bet this falls apart because Tre won't trade Valimaki

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018
If it makes you feel better, LHDs make zero sense from Buffalo’s perspective. We’re really deep there.
Valimaki has been open about being able to play his offside. He did it during his time in Finland. I understand Buffalo lacks RD and a lot of fans seem to want Andersen but Calgary is in no position to trade him or any of our RD that isn’t named Gudbranson. Valimaki/Kylington are the only 2 with value that I see being expendable and Vali seems like the better fit for Buffalo because of his ability to play RD

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I’ve heard, again, from a decent source, that the threat of grievance and Pat Brisson’s ‘I don’t give a f*** about your feelings’ has jumped the discussion again.

Calgary’s been the closest to getting this done for the past few weeks and it’s been a chess match. Buffalo doesn’t want this Eichel thing to continue to spiral with grievance through the NHLPA; they’re already an albatross market for players, they don’t get hometown discounts, they don’t get FA’s that come without getting absolutely paid… Eichel is a well respected American player, and this is making them look horrible.

I honestly think they’re a few players off. I’ve been told Tre wants to get this done while they’re out East for some reason lol.

Not to get greedy but Tre should inquire about a Lucic - Okposo swap to really balance out our roster

Tkachuk - Eichel - Mangiapane
Gaudreau - Lindholm - Okposo
Coleman - Backlund - Pitlick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad