• Total voters

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Quinn
Jarvis
Askarov
Peterka/Holloway
Bourque (I prefer him over JJ and Holloway, but I think he's too risky a pick for the Oilers)
Perrault

Although you're missing a bunch of guys. Mercer, Reichel, Gunler, Zary, Lundell, etc...

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
Quinn
Jarvis
Askarov
Peterka/Holloway
Bourque (I prefer him over JJ and Holloway, but I think he's too risky a pick for the Oilers)
Perrault

Although you're missing a bunch of guys. Mercer, Reichel, Gunler, Zary, Lundell, etc...

Reichel, Gunler, and Zary are ranked in the back half of the draft. I don't see the Oilers going for Mercer. Lundell will most likely be picked before us but if he falls to us, that's a convo to have.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
50/50 on Quinn and Jarvis.

If my goaltending scouts/coaches are screaming at me to draft someone they think will be a franchise goaltender, I listen.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
50/50 on Quinn and Jarvis.

If my goaltending scouts/coaches are screaming at me to draft someone they think will be a franchise goaltender, I listen.
I mean Tippett was going to sit down with Schwartz before game one to figure out a starter and that never went well. Not sure what Schwartz's opinion was, but as fans we've never trusted him before.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I mean Tippett was going to sit down with Schwartz before game one to figure out a starter and that never went well. Not sure what Schwartz's opinion was, but as fans we've never trusted him before.

That's fair. I just think goaltenders are a whole different mess. I would trust the people that I'm paying to be able to scout these kids to tell me how good this kid is and defer to the experts.

If you cant count on your goaltenderkng staff and scouts then maybe they should find a job elsewhere.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Quinn.
Jarvis.
Mercer.
Zary.
Bourque.
Perreault
Paterka.

if we got one of these guys then i think we will be fine. having said that, i'm not against trading down for one of these guys and getting extra picks like Holland has talked about. o_O

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I'd like them to roll the dice on Askarov if he's there, don't care what anyone says.

Otherwise I think trading it for a proven player is what we need.

Blacktape

Aug 3, 2003
Saskatoon
Quinn as the pick if available
but since he will be gone before the Oilers pick, I really like Jacob Perreault as a pick.
And it's may be possible to trade down and get him and a second rounder.

OilfaninTO

Aug 1, 2020
It would be CLASSIC Oilers (and just a perfect cap to a crappy year) to do something like draft a goalie at 14.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
With the Dylan Holloway mention from Pronman, it's kinda funny he doesn't have any votes yet.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
With the Dylan Holloway mention from Pronman, it's kinda funny he doesn't have any votes yet.

What do you think of him? I'm not sure who I'd take between him and Mercer if they were the 'BPA' (Quinn, Jarvis etc already taken). I'd take either of them before trading down or taking Askarov though.

Edit: Apologies if you already gave a run-down, I can search for the post

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What do you think of him? I'm not sure who I'd take between him and Mercer if they were the 'BPA' (Quinn, Jarvis etc already taken). I'd take either of them before trading down or taking Askarov though.

Edit: Apologies if you already gave a run-down, I can search for the post
I don't have any opinion on him. Definitely not the one to ask. Just thought it was kind of funny considering he's been linked to us.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
My tiers:

Jarvis Askarov

Mercer Quinn Lundell Holtz

Perreault Bourque Holloway Peterka Zary

Jarvis might work extremely well in Edmonton's offense. He's a bit like Yamamoto with a great motor and great hands, just a little bit bigger. Jarvis will more than keep pace, he'll be the one pushing it. His feet, hands, and brain are all very quick, so if you need one-touch give-and-go plays with 97 & 29, he's your guy.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Because much like last year when Pronman was one of the first to leak the Broberg pick, the fan base instinctively goes against. Our picks have been leaked a tonne lately, Yamamoto was reported by Ryan Kennedy the day before the draft, Bouchard was reported the day of the draft in the sense Rishaug said we liked a D and wanted him over Dobson, Broberg was leaked last year, and Holloway is the first one we’ve heard this year, so wouldn’t shock me if our pick is Holloway.

People don’t like him because he didn’t light up the league, but he had a solid second half, on a bad team, and not many guys play NCAA in their draft year, even though he is oldish for his draft year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad