Speculation: Armchair Coach

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Not sure where to put this so I decided to start new thread, see what happens. Feel free to move if there's a better spot.

Just thinking about Hiller, his last couple games he hasn't seemed himself. I think he could use a rest. I was surprised that we didn't see Ramo against the Canes.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Not sure where to put this so I decided to start new thread, see what happens. Feel free to move if there's a better spot.

Just thinking about Hiller, his last couple games he hasn't seemed himself. I think he could use a rest. I was surprised that we didn't see Ramo against the Canes.

I wasn't surprised at all. Ramo got a chance to seize the starter role for a while and didn't look comfortable at all in Florida. Hiller came in and didn't let in a goal (not that there were that many opportunities against. So it was natural for him to get the next start in Carolina.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I wasn't surprised at all. Ramo got a chance to seize the starter role for a while and didn't look comfortable at all in Florida. Hiller came in and didn't let in a goal (not that there were that many opportunities against. So it was natural for him to get the next start in Carolina.
Do you think Hiller could use a rest? I'm not questioning him as the starter, I just think he seems tired.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Do you think Hiller could use a rest? I'm not questioning him as the starter, I just think he seems tired.

Probably. History shows that he's great in bursts but has trouble sustaining it over a full season. And I think Hartley was going to give him a rest for a few games, except Ramo didn't give him any confidence do do that when he played in Florida. I think it's key that Ramo gets a good result tonight.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Prior to the Florida game:

Wes Gilbertson @SUNGilbertson · Nov 7
#Flames G Karri Ramo in some obvious pain after stretching out to stop one-timer in practice. That was last shot he faced. Just left ice.

Derek Wills @Fan960Wills · Nov 7
#Flames Head Coach Bob Hartley confirms that goaltender Karri Ramo, who left practice early, is okay and will start vs. #Panthers tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad