Confirmed Signing with Link: Arizona signs Jakob Chychrun to ELC

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Well obviously they're never always right or always wrong. Although he might have been ranked high by CSS to finish the season, Getzlaf didn't have anywhere near the hype these other guys did.

Can you think of any other player that had the hype and exposure Chyrchrun did, to fall that far and still turn into a star? He was a consensus 1st overall pick heading into the year. When players that hyped pre-draft year fall - like Esposito, Kabanov, Schremp, O'Sullivan, Brule, the scouts tend to have it right.

Chychrun was what the consensus #4 pick most year-- behind Matthews, Laine, Puljujarvi? Getzlaf was #5. So how's that super different?

Fowler fell from 5 to 12, was #3 at the midway point. And FWIW Chayka admitted he almost took Chychrun at #7, which would change your entire narrative here.

Last edited:

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
I'm thinking we'll see a massive year out him now that he's fully recovered and has the weight of the draft lifted off his shoulders. Being in the Coyotes organization should also help in relieving pressure.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Honestly, even though I'm not a big Chychrun fan, I think he's able to crack an NHL lineup like Arizona's. Definitely more ready for the NHL than Sergachev and Juolevi IMO.

You haven't seen him at the rookie camp in Montreal. If he keeps the pace and doesn't end up in the NHL this year, it's only because MB can't make room for him. And he may be forced to do so.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You haven't seen him at the rookie camp in Montreal. If he keeps the pace and doesn't end up in the NHL this year, it's only because MB can't make room for him. And he may be forced to do so.

Rookie camps mean nothing. The kids are playing against their peers, so let's wait until the real camp starts before making ridiculous statements.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad