Rumor: Arizona negotiating 8 year/$8M+ deal with Ekman-Larsson

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I assume your source is the cab. Can you cite the article?

There’s no single article that covers it all, pieces are in different places.

1) The CBA prohibits teams and players from signing contract extensions before July 1st of the final year of multi-year contracts.

2) The CBA prohibits teams/players from offering things of financial value or making any sort of financial promises outside of the contract. With a few minor exceptions detailed in the CBA.

3) The CBA does not contain any language prohibiting teams from discussing possible future contracts with their players at any point in time. Any such discussion would be subject to (1) and (2). Meaning any sort of legally binding agreement or representation to sign an extension before July 1st would violate (2).

4) The CBA does not contain any language detailing what team executives are allowed or not allowed to say about contract discussions with players whose rights they hold. It’s entirely possible the NHL has a policy that team executives shouldn’t be speaking publicly about contract negotiation specifics. That doesn’t mean the team is barred from privately discussing potential contracts with the player.

Last edited:

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
So going forward the d corps should look like

Ekman-Larsson - xxxx
Chychrun - xxxx
Goligoski - xxxx

with one of those xxxx's possibly filled in with Boqvist, Dobson or Bouchard?

Solid

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

Ekman-Larsson - xxxx
Chychrun - xxxx
Goligoski - xxxx

Solid
OEL - Demers
Chychrun - Hjalmarsson
Goligoski - Murphy / xxxx

+ Tkachuk / Wahlstrom added to a young, talented forward core looks even better

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
this is what a strong finish can do for a player. Arizona started slow, but finished strong, with positive feels all around.

With the Isles, they started strong and wilted, and it's currently not looking good for the Isles to keep Tavares

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Can I get the winning lottery numbers too?
Winning lottery numbers is harder than predicting the yotes will be good in a bit . Doubt they win a cup but who knows that are building a good team.

If raanta manages to not die / get injured the first game whoever their coach is will prob win the Adams

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ

Ekman-Larsson - xxxx
Chychrun - xxxx
Goligoski - xxxx

Solid
Wouldn't rule out Hughes...in addition to Wahlstrom, Tkachuk and (hopefully) Zadina if he falls....as potential picks at 5.

OEL-Demers
Chychrun-Goligoski
Hughes-Hjalmarsson (not that Hammer is a 3rd pair....he'd just a perfect partner for Hughes)

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I don’t think you remember your point. Admittedly, it was certainly very easy to forget.

My point was the Shane Doan had plenty of opportunities to chase a championship but refused to leave Arizona and ended his career without ever getting a legitimate chance at one. Same thing'll happen to OEL if he stays there.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
My point was the Shane Doan had plenty of opportunities to chase a championship but refused to leave Arizona and ended his career without ever getting a legitimate chance at one. Same thing'll happen to OEL if he stays there.

Yep. Doan should’ve left for the Red Wings 8yrs ago. They were a powerhouse fresh off a finals appearance. Except since that time they’ve had nothing but misses and early exits. Hell, even the lowly Coyotes had a conference finals appearance since then.

Last time Doan was UFA, he was considering the Canucks very seriously. They were just off a Cup finals loss and were looking GREAT. It’s been nothing but misses and early exits since.

Your point is stupid. Things change.

Reactions: RABBIT and ck26

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017

Ekman-Larsson - xxxx
Chychrun - xxxx
Goligoski - xxxx

Solid
Solid? That's one of the worst d cores in the league.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Arizona doesn't deserve him at this point.
I tend to agree due to my own baggage as a Coyotes fan. Negative bias aside, as much as it pains me not to trash my team, we’ve got a brand new owner, a brand new GM, a brand new coaching staff, and a brand new leadership group. Hell, we’ve got a brand new affiate down in Tucson.

Are “The Coyotes” really more than a couple of years old? Do the miserable failures of all the past regimes really indicate anything about the new group?

Still have an arena in the middle of nowhere. Still have very little popularity. Get a new barn and win some games and all of that changes. There’s absolutely nothing fundamentally different about Nashville, or Vegas or Dallas or Tampa or Florida and Phoenix. There’s no curse. Those responsible have been held accountable and chucked out. What more do you want?

Reactions: Mosby and domaug

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Would be huge for Arizona. Big name player who wants to be there and build with what they have.

Opens the doors for other players staying/deciding to sign someday.

Didn't know he was such a leader. Don't hear much about the Coyotes out here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad