Friedman: Arizona interested in Matt Dumba

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
wow, I would love to see that. I want Arizona to get better. It would be better for the league. They have been the joke of the league for too long now.

Reactions: uncleben

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Says they’re “holding a spot for him” and that he’s got “an attachment to the area”.

I think he would be good for the team.

As for attachment, IDK, maybe he likes the climate? Family?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Wish the Wild could re-sign him on a short-term deal. He’s a decent middle pairing heart & soul guy. Does a ton of community outreach and events for kids. The organization and fans will miss Dumba.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
wow, I would love to see that. I want Arizona to get better. It would be better for the league. They have been the joke of the league for too long now.
I know you are not referencing just the product on the ice BUT Arizona has the same playoff drought as: Columbus, Philly, Chicago and Vancouver. Buffalo, Detroit, Ottawa, Anaheim and San Jose are all worse.

They are actually building a good team despite having been unlucky in the lottery (missing out on several franchise players)

Happy to see them climbing up the standings the next few years.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Arizona could use a good defenseman of Dumba’s caliber as he’d instantly become their top pairing defender.

A Moser - Dumba pairing could be fun to watch.

Reactions: Prarievarg

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Nothing like watching Jovo winding up for a massive hit and only catching glass. Haha
Gotta be a pretty unique feeling as a Canucks fan to have not been able to keep our team together that year because we lost our high profile UFA to the Phoenix Coyotes.

Reactions: Summer Rose

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I wonder where he goes now?

It's almost August his price has to be dropping by the day
Maybe, but more likely he has been told by a team that he wants to go(besides ARI) to that they are waiting to clear cap space for him, or waiting on another deal to happen/not happen.

It seems pretty clear that many players are taking shorter term deals in the hope of getting a bigger payday as the cap goes up over the next 2-3 years.

Nothing against ARI, but i would imagine that he wants to go to a contending team if he can.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Maybe, but more likely he has been told by a team that he wants to go(besides ARI) to that they are waiting to clear cap space for him, or waiting on another deal to happen/not happen.

It seems pretty clear that many players are taking shorter term deals in the hope of getting a bigger payday as the cap goes up over the next 2-3 years.

Nothing against ARI, but i would imagine that he wants to go to a contending team if he can.
At 29 I'd think he want to get as much cash as he can. I'd think 2-3 years would be agreeable to both the Coyotes and Dumba though. I wonder if Arizona would want to commit huge term to Dumba.

Of course, maybe Dumba would be interested in a one year deal much like Klingberg, with the possibility of a retention deal to a contender at the deadline. He could still get big dollars that way

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
At 29 I'd think he want to get as much cash as he can. I'd think 2-3 years would be agreeable to both the Coyotes and Dumba though. I wonder if Arizona would want to commit huge term to Dumba.

Of course, maybe Dumba would be interested in a one year deal much like Klingberg, with the possibility of a retention deal to a contender at the deadline. He could still get big dollars that way
Klingberg also got exposed in Anaheim. Dumba is a rhd so if he’s gone this long without good offers says a lot about where he is as a Dman.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40

I heard a report somewhere that he prefers a 1 year deal, at least with respect to the Coyotes.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Klingberg also got exposed in Anaheim. Dumba is a rhd so if he’s gone this long without good offers says a lot about where he is as a Dman.
Yeah, RHD are always in demand. It’s either teams aren’t interested in him or the salary demand is just too much for what he is. He’s too far removed from that 50 point year to be asking for big bucks. It makes you wonder what he’s asking for.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
this is the summer of 1 year deals. I won’t be surprised if teams also see him as a 1 year show me what you can do offers. He all the other hand knows this is his last chance at a long term more money and maybe he’s seeking that.

Reactions: YP44

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Wish the Wild could re-sign him on a short-term deal. He’s a decent middle pairing heart & soul guy. Does a ton of community outreach and events for kids. The organization and fans will miss Dumba.

Though ASU probably has less kids, more groupies.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I could see him doing a 1-year deal somewhere and then returning to Minnesota next year. Seems like they would’ve retained him if they had the cap to do it & the Wild aren’t really deep on RD prospects except for Faber. Dumba’s timing of buying a house in Minnesota last summer is really odd when it was pretty clear that he’d be gone the following offseason.

Spurgeon is getting older and Dumba is right around Brodin’s age, so the timeline makes sense.

Without the cap constraints, think Dumba would’ve signed a team-friendly 5-6 year deal around a $4M AAV this offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad