McGinn
Minnesota 2018 2nd
Arizona 2019 2nd
Arizona 2020 3rd

For

Nyquist
Ouellet
Sadowy

Jamie McGinn? If so, I wouldn't like this deal. We downgrade our offense, lose defensive depth, and only get 3, 2nd round picks. Many 2nd rounders are nothing special, so I really don't see how this trade helps us.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I think it's gonna take a first rounder to move Nyquist.

I agree with this.

The OP has the right idea, Detroit should be selling off players for picks. But not this player for those picks. Nyquist is worth a first, and Arizona wouldn't and shouldn't pay that. Arizona isn't the right trading partner.

Maybe to another team needing talent. But I'm not sure who that is. It might be better to wait until next season, anyway. Nyquist might up his value with a strong year. And you'll get more buyers on his last year of the contract, maybe even retain for a higher return.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
How about Sheahan for Bolland's contract? Gives Detroit cap space to sign Athanasiou.

Why would Arizona want Sheahan? His production has been falling like a rock (15% annually) for three years, finally leaving him at a meager 0.16ppg last season. He only took about 500 FOs last season which is less than half the number our "sometimes center" Jordan Martinook took last season, so Sheahan is really another LHS winger. Only he's less productive than the bunch of bottom six LHS wingers we already have in McGinn, Crouse, Martinook, and Cousins. And he's due over two million dollars in actual salary next season. This is pretty much the least interesting player to me in the entire Wings organization.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
McGinn
Minnesota 2018 2nd
Arizona 2019 2nd
Arizona 2020 3rd

For

Nyquist
Ouellet
Sadowy

Arizona gets a good player at a reasonable price and unloads McGinn's salary in the process. So the value is good and the dollars are probably fine. So good job there. It's better 98% of proposals already.

That said, I don't think it's a fit. LHS wingers is the last thing our team needs. If we're giving up picks it needs to be for D. We've already got a plethora of sub six foot LHS wingers in our top six with Domi, Duclair, Keller, and Rieder. We're all full on nifty little LHS scoring wingers. No room for another I'm afraid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad