Arizona Coyotes Top 10 Prospects

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Hopefully some of those dead beats from the Canucks pack it in, but I don't see any kids ready to make the jump to the NHL. We might get surprised for a change. We have Capo, Hayton and some are saying Moser and then there is that Russian kid on D. As it stands right now our forward group is crap.
We have some guys that could probably make the jump by December. Hayton, Jenik, Soderstrom, McGregor, Moser, Crotty, Hultz, Provolnev, Emberson, Capobianco. That's a lot of potential D.

Chychrun - Timmins
Gostisbehere - Stralman
Provolnev - Lyubushkin
Crotty, Capobianco

Let Soderstrom, Hultz, Moser and Emberson marinate a year in the A.

Crouse - Schmaltz - Jenik
Keller - Dvorak - Jaskin
Roussel - Hayton - Kessel
Dzingle - Larsson - Fisher
Boyd, O'Brian

That's 2 less forwards we need to try and introduce next year.

2022/23

Maccelli - Schmaltz - Jenik
Keller - Dvorak - Guenther
Crouse - Hayton - Jaskin
McGregor - Farnacci - Fisher

Chychrun - Timmins
Moser - Soderstrom
Gostisbehere - Crotty
Emberson, Capobianco

I don't even know if this team hits the cap floor. We could add a short, low dollar, high cap hit contract for the year and be more than fine.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Not a good look for a player that is noted as much for his character and leadership as his skill.

I do think the new coaching staff will do wonders for Hayton.

Yeah, I definitely expected more. But it was most likely an unfriendly dressing room for a rookie. Tocchet did his utmost to protect his guys from having a rookie steal their job and their pay packets. I always felt like Hayton was trying to please his linemates by doing the expected play rather than playing with freedom. That lost him the time and space to do anything. Hopefully he'll find chemistry with linemates closer to his age and style. McCartney, Maccelli, Kirk should be fun.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If Varady was in the “good cop” role then maybe Hayton will be comfortable in Tucson. Hopefully that’s a good team with good talent and good coaching.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
We have some guys that could probably make the jump by December. Hayton, Jenik, Soderstrom, McGregor, Moser, Crotty, Hultz, Provolnev, Emberson, Capobianco. That's a lot of potential D.

Chychrun - Timmins
Gostisbehere - Stralman
Provolnev - Lyubushkin
Crotty, Capobianco

Let Soderstrom, Hultz, Moser and Emberson marinate a year in the A.

Crouse - Schmaltz - Jenik
Keller - Dvorak - Jaskin
Roussel - Hayton - Kessel
Dzingle - Larsson - Fisher
Boyd, O'Brian

That's 2 less forwards we need to try and introduce next year.

2022/23

Maccelli - Schmaltz - Jenik
Keller - Dvorak - Guenther
Crouse - Hayton - Jaskin
McGregor - Farnacci - Fisher

Chychrun - Timmins
Moser - Soderstrom
Gostisbehere - Crotty
Emberson, Capobianco

I don't even know if this team hits the cap floor. We could add a short, low dollar, high cap hit contract for the year and be more than fine.

Hopefully we win the lottery and pick a first line center who is ready to play right out of the draft. Schmaltz sucks as a first line center. He has some talent but not for that position.

LosPollosHermanos

Jan 29, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
The Hayton pick was laughable then and is laughable now. Kid doesn’t do anything elite. Not what you want out of a top 5 pick.
Typical Coyote pick though, “if a million and one things go our way and he develops the way we envisio...” this horseshit thinking is why all Arizona sports teams are terrible. They all have the same “put a mediocre team out and pray everything goes out way” mindset that gets you nowhere.

To be honest I’d trade our entire prospect pool for new picks/other players. Nothing but garbage in our top 10. Our top 10 wouldn’t have a player most other teams top 5, aside from guenther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad