Arizona Coyotes Top 10 Prospects

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
It's going to be interesting to see which ones take a step up this year with hockey hopefully getting back to normal. I'm rooting for several of our Russians to make a splash and our one Brit, hopefully he can continue keeping his scoring ways for the Roadrunners.

Really excited to see how fast Maccelli is, as I plan on attending about 20 games this season.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Last podcast of Tracking the Draft Craig Button went on a nice rant on how Doan should have been drafted last year.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Last podcast of Tracking the Draft Craig Button went on a nice rant on how Doan should have been drafted last year.
By the Coyotes or just in general drafted last year? He might have gone in the 3rd round if he wasn't Shane's kid this draft.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Just in general. Button had Doan ranked in his top 40 list this year.

If he went in the 2nd round this year it stands to reason he was probably worth a late pick last season. But so were a lot of other players.

I think top 40 is a stretch before his most recent season in the USHL.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If he went in the 2nd round this year it stands to reason he was probably worth a late pick last season. But so were a lot of other players.

I think top 40 is a stretch before his most recent season in the USHL.
Button had him in his ranking for this season in Top 40. Button indicated he felt that Doan had shown enough potential to be a late round pick last year. Previously GMBA indicated that he been allowed to voice an opinion at last years draft that AZ would have taken him in a late round last year. I mention this because of some of the criticism that was levied at AZ for taking an overrager in the second round. Doan had a breakout campaign and earned his draft selection. The lazy analysis seems to be that AZ jumped on Doan because he was Shane Doan’s kid. Extremely lazy.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
A related question: Which rookies, if any, will make the team? Hayton and Soderstrom? I don't think Timmins is still considered a rookie.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
A related question: Which rookies, if any, will make the team? Hayton and Soderstrom? I don't think Timmins is still considered a rookie.
Hopefully no rookies on the team. None. Let them all stay in Tucson and try to win. The Coyotes will hopefully be the oldest, and worst team in the NHL next season. And the team with the most expiring contracts.

Reactions: Summer Rose

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
We are still short a couple of defenseman, unless we are counting on Provolnev making the team. Could see at least one rookie defenseman on the opening day roster. Maybe Capo.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
I think this will be a rookie-laden team. They brought AT in to work with the kids.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Hopefully no rookies on the team. None. Let them all stay in Tucson and try to win. The Coyotes will hopefully be the oldest, and worst team in the NHL next season. And the team with the most expiring contracts.
And the team with most cap space in ‘23.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Yeah, it's a problem. I wish they'd have been much more active in UFA. Perhaps they're banking on the waiver wire to solve their problems?
If I recall, that's how we got Z. Heavily scouted and a trade right before the Wild were going to send him down.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

As little as possible. They plan seems to be to marinate the top prospects as long as we can; which will likely be trade deadline.

Yup, they can all come up post TDL and finish out the season if Tucson isn’t in a playoff race. I’d rather see Tucson run for a championship though

It depends on what your definition of a rookie is.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah, it's a problem. I wish they'd have been much more active in UFA. Perhaps they're banking on the waiver wire to solve their problems?
There will be many players available near the end of training camp, and there will be trades as well. Lots of time before we see our final roster.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Might as well as post my top 10. I originally voted Guenther for top spot with his sky high potential but I'd prefer to go 1a/1b with Jenik who has constantly impressed me at every level he's played at.

Hayton was noticeably cowed by a vet heavy bro culture last year, he needs to get more assertive.

1. Jenik
2. Guenther
3. Soderstrom
4. Hayton
5. Maccelli
6. Timmins
7. Prosvetov
8. Kolyachonok
9. Moser
10. McCartney

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We have to try some guys this year unless we plan to sign 15 players next offseason. We only have 7 NHL contracts next year unless some of these kids step up.
Hopefully some of those dead beats from the Canucks pack it in, but I don't see any kids ready to make the jump to the NHL. We might get surprised for a change. We have Capo, Hayton and some are saying Moser and then there is that Russian kid on D. As it stands right now our forward group is crap.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Might as well as post my top 10. I originally voted Guenther for top spot with his sky high potential but I'd prefer to go 1a/1b with Jenik who has constantly impressed me at every level he's played at.

Hayton was noticeably cowed by a vet heavy bro culture last year, he needs to get more assertive.

1. Jenik
2. Guenther
3. Soderstrom
4. Hayton
5. Maccelli
6. Timmins
7. Prosvetov
8. Kolyachonok
9. Moser
10. McCartney
Not a good look for a player that is noted as much for his character and leadership as his skill.

I do think the new coaching staff will do wonders for Hayton.

Reactions: Gwyddbwyll

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad