• Valentin Nussbaumer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I think this is pretty close to a pick'em between Prosvetov, Kolyachonok, Farinacci, and Doan. With Maccelli, Fedotov, and Moser coming in after that.

Big drop after the Jenik/Hayton tier. Maybe with time a couple 3 of those games can jump into the next one.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Does Timmins count as a prospect still?
Good Point. What is the definition of a prospect? My responses determined using the following (based on absolutely nothing other than my ~23 years of following hockey as a fan and is subject to change at my whim :) )
  • 5 years from draft?
  • under 100 pro AHL/NHL/Int'l (KHL, SHL, etc.) games? edit: Actually, take out the AHL requirement and replace Int'l with specific leagues (KHL, SHL?, not sure what others would work here)
Hockey Futures:
  • If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday that player will be considered graduated to the NHL
  • If a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL.
  • Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect
    • An NCAA player who signs his first contract at or above the age of 22 has three years to meet the above criteria (65/45), while those NCAA players that turn pro under the age of 22 will be subjected to the criteria above.
    • European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.

Last edited:
Reactions: SniperHF and Grimes

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Either way, Timmins would be considered a prospect
  • 22 years old (under 24), under 65 NHL games using HF
  • Drafted 2017, under 100 Pro games using my criteria

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I voted Timmins. He’s not my favorite but his resume is very solid. I think if we picked Hayton over Jenik, we kinda have to pick Timmins over Maccelli.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Originally went Kolychonok until I saw Timmins. Feel like the fact that we know he is an NHL player kind of outs him above all the maybe's, even if his ceiling may be lower.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad