Arizona Coyotes OHL Prospects Review

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Surprised to see dineen above capobianco, at camp I thought capobianco looked significantly better. I didn't get to see them at the ohl level much though, and it's hard to judge players off of drills and one scrimmage.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Surprised to see dineen above capobianco, at camp I thought capobianco looked significantly better. I didn't get to see them at the ohl level much though, and it's hard to judge players off of drills and one scrimmage.

Yeah, I can't imagine Dineen would look incredibly impressive yet in drills. He's just not physically mature enough. Where as Capobianco's skating ability would likely make him look very good in those same situations.

I think the reality of Capobianco in Sudbury the last few years is that he's just asked to do too much. Would have been ideal if they could have paired him with a real shutdown defender who could allow him to have a bit of freedom. But he finds himself trying to play both roles and at times, not playing either exceptionally well. He still struggles with his defensive reads, and quite frankly, if can be tough to look good defensively when you're stuck in your own end for 2 minutes straight as Sudbury often was this year.

This coming season is a big one for Capobianco to show he can take some steps forward.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Yeah, I can't imagine Dineen would look incredibly impressive yet in drills. He's just not physically mature enough. Where as Capobianco's skating ability would likely make him look very good in those same situations.

I think the reality of Capobianco in Sudbury the last few years is that he's just asked to do too much. Would have been ideal if they could have paired him with a real shutdown defender who could allow him to have a bit of freedom. But he finds himself trying to play both roles and at times, not playing either exceptionally well. He still struggles with his defensive reads, and quite frankly, if can be tough to look good defensively when you're stuck in your own end for 2 minutes straight as Sudbury often was this year.

This coming season is a big one for Capobianco to show he can take some steps forward.

Hopefully he does, and dineen hits the gym to get more explosive.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Thanks for very much for this update, great read

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That was a great break down on our prospects, and I agree that Strome should be in the NHL this year as he has nothing to prove at the junior level. I still think Strome is ahead of Dvorak, mostly because what I saw at last years training camp where Strome was the best rookie, and it wasn't close.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I kind of disagree with you about Fischer. If he looks goods at training camp, I think the AHL is the better way to go for his development. I thought the same about Strome last year, as I thought he could have development better playing in the NHL than returning to the OHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad