OT: 'Arizona' Coyotes Now Official (Picture Included)

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Weird seeing this, isn't it? :laugh:

rbzm8x.png

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
The good news for the haters in all of this is that the Phoenix Coyotes are now no longer in Arizona. The bad news for the haters is that there is still is an NHL team in Arizona.

:sarcasm:

Bad joke I know! Still will take time to get used to the name change though.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
The good news for the haters in all of this is that the Phoenix Coyotes are now no longer in Arizona. The bad news for the haters is that there is still is an NHL team in Arizona.

:sarcasm:

Bad joke I know! Still will take time to get used to the name change though.

Yep, I'll be typeing PHX in the foreseeable future on boards, until my brain catches up with the name.

PHX is just such a unique shorthand

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Yep, I'll be typeing PHX in the foreseeable future on boards, until my brain catches up with the name.

PHX is just such a unique shorthand

Same, I've been calling the team "Phoenix", since I was a toddler. It's going to take a long time for me to adjust.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I don't know why I never gave any thought to the fact that the name change will vault them much higher in any alphabetical listing. I'm sure any effect that has on anything is exceedingly marginal, but I'm sure it must affect something, even if it's just more people using them in video games.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I don't know why I never gave any thought to the fact that the name change will vault them much higher in any alphabetical listing. I'm sure any effect that has on anything is exceedingly marginal, but I'm sure it must affect something, even if it's just more people using them in video games.

That's actually a pretty interesting thought. You never know what it could do. Sometimes even the most subtle changes can make a difference.

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009

DM had joked in a video interview that the name change means that they will be closer to the stage during the draft.

I would prefer AZ like the new patches but I've been seeing ARI used in the media lately. I would think the media would stay with AZ to align with the new jersey state patches. Either way, I'll be calling them the Phoenix Coyotes for awhile. Hope the new 3rd jersey will be nice. Looking forward to retro kachina night too.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I noticed earlier today my "Phoenix Coyotes" Android app updated itself and now it's the "Arizona Coyotes" app.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I love that someone from Quebec might accidentally click on the Coyotes logo when trying to click on French.

Edit: It is a slim chance but still slightly probable.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Where'd you hear this?

From LeBlanc.... via more than one interview.

-- Current third is being phased out.

-- A throwback jersey will be brought back for one game (at least), and a new third will be developed, possibly for the latter part of the season.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
From LeBlanc.... via more than one interview.

-- Current third is being phased out.

-- A throwback jersey will be brought back for one game (at least), and a new third will be developed, possibly for the latter part of the season.

Yep, I don't remember who with the team said it, but I heard the 'new' 3rd was done for, would only be seen on fans who wear it; and next season the alternate jersey would be the black kachina jersey. What I don't know is if they are having new ones made or if they had a truckload of unused ones sitting in storage over at Swift or somewhere...

be nice to be able to order or buy from the team shop new kachina styles alongside the current jerseys...

Some folks who go to the games wearing the old kachina jerseys wear jerseys at least 3 sizes too small. Either they've expanded their waistlines over the years or repeated washings over the years have shrunken their jerseys.... :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad