Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
relax-sofa.gif

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
lol I thought that was just an ad on my phone. Turns out it was the message.

I thought you were smiling at the cat Legend started the thread with.

The crazier thing is people still read Drudge Report.
While I don’t know much about the Drudge Report and the headline does indeed appear humorous, I’d speculate it was implying a moving of the goalposts.

Reactions: Baby Doaner

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
lol I thought that was just an ad on my phone. Turns out it was the message.

I thought you were smiling at the cat Legend started the thread with.

The crazier thing is people still read Drudge Report.
If you went outside your circle of influence, you’d see that many people ‘crazy’ people do still read drudge.

Reactions: ck26

cobra427

May 6, 2012
It looks like the property containing oceanside Ice arena and Big surf has been sold. Both are being demolished for commercial development. Sad to see both places go, I spent time many years ago skating and I surfed Big Surf 3 or 4 summers recently.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
It looks like the property containing oceanside Ice arena and Big surf has been sold. Both are being demolished for commercial development. Sad to see both places go, I spent time many years ago skating and I surfed Big Surf 3 or 4 summers recently.

Horizon High School's annual Big Surf party was always a blast.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
They're opening a huge surfing spot in Mesa.
I'm looking forward to having a beach in the East Valley :)

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I'm cleaning out a bookcase preparing for yet another move and I came across this AZ Republic from April 4th, 2012. I've been meaning to frame it, but just like our team sometimes, I failed to execute.

IMG_20220414_150416206.jpg

Good group of guys. OEL not worthy of a mention apparently.

IMG_20220414_150526247.jpg

Good news...a potential buyer!

IMG_20220414_150605689.jpg

cobra427

May 6, 2012
They're opening a huge surfing spot in Mesa.
I'm looking forward to having a beach in the East Valley :)
I am aware of the new surf park, it should open this fall, looking forward to surfing there. Big surf had 2 things going for it that will be hard to recreate. It was roughly $500 to surf there over 3 months in the summer, for that you would get about 40 sessions, each one hour with a wave every 6 minutes, so 8-10 per hour, roughly $15 an hour, on a small wave. The new surf parks are charging $60-90 per hour but you get more waves per hour and much better waves. I hope they have annual passes, but it might be so expensive it takes many out of the market cost wise except for a few times a month maybe.

The other thing Big surf had was a surf culture. I have many friends (30+) from surfing there 2015-2019. We all surf SoCal from time to time now. That culture will be hard to recreate, we shall see.....

Reactions: bluesXwinXtheXcup

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I'm cleaning out a bookcase preparing for yet another move and I came across this AZ Republic from April 4th, 2012...

I've probably brought it up before, but fun fact I met @Art.Vandelay and others at that game. (10 years, eh?) Even got on Fox Sports Arizona (Doan flipped his stick over the glass to a 20something wearing his jersey as he exited the ice, and the kid totally freaked out. I was standing within a couple of feet of it. There was later also some video of us fans all out on the concourse after the game shaking hands)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Good group of guys. OEL not worthy of a mention apparently.

Yandle was still the superior D prior to the playoffs IMO. That was kinda OEL's break out party.

He had a nice season, but in the playoffs he went from 22min a night 2nd pair-ish D to 25 minutes at night playing shut down in the playoffs against the Blackhawks. I can understand the omission in that respect.

The Whitney Hanzal Vrbata line was the headliner, or Smith.

Art.Vandelay

@kash2112
Aug 2, 2005
Glendale, AZ
I've probably brought it up before, but fun fact I met @Art.Vandelay and others at that game. (10 years, eh?) Even got on Fox Sports Arizona (Doan flipped his stick over the glass to a 20something wearing his jersey as he exited the ice, and the kid totally freaked out. I was standing within a couple of feet of it. There was later also some video of us fans all out on the concourse after the game shaking hands)

That kid was from Iowa. His favorite player in the NHL was Doan and it was his first time seeing him play. There was like 6 of us sitting behind the Coyotes bench and Doan came right over to that kid and gave him his stick. It was an awesome moment.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
So, as Shane Wright plays for the Kingston Frontenacs, it shined some light on a mystery since I was a kid...there's an unincorporated town near where I grew up in Florida called Frontenac, that we used to drive through a lot on US 1, and I never knew why it was called that...

...but at least now I know who Frontenac was...

...the more you know. Merci, Shane.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
My sister is building a house in Surprise. Started last November; might not be ready until September. The builder is having trouble acquiring material such as windows.

With rising interest rates the housing market should cool off, but these supply chain problems aren't helping.

Reactions: Jakey53

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
My sister is building a house in Surprise. Started last November; might not be ready until September. The builder is having trouble acquiring material such as windows.

With rising interest rates the housing market should cool off, but these supply chain problems aren't helping.
Supply chain IS the problem.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
BK filings are at record lows

They are now, but in most cases rising interest rates lead to a slowing economy, and a slowing economy sometimes falls into a recession, which of course causes both personal and business bankruptcies to rise.

Central bankers are trying to engineer a "soft" landing. But if they could actually control the economy, inflation wouldn't be over 8%.

1650226488639.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakey53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad