Arizona Coyotes finally turning it around?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
3 game win streak. 4-1-0 in the last 5 games.

Beat the Lightning 7-1.

#6 in the league in Corsi.

#5 in the league Scoring Chances.

Chayka's plan appears to be finally paying off. Who knew that making smart trades, good drafting and prudent free agent signings could help. After multiple years of doing all the aforementioned things under Chayka, it looks like things are finally at place where Coyotes can make some noise in the Pacific. If they do, it will be largely thanks to the moves made over the last 2 years (acquiring their #1C and literally 3 other top 4 d-men and their 1 goalie), almost no one of any significance from the old regime is still on the ice other than OEL.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
It would be nice to see a resurgence of the late 90's Coyotes that made the playoffs all the time, but even with how well they've played so far this year I don't see it happening (yet).

1. The Western Conference is way more competitive and those points have to come from somewhere. Unless multiple other teams continue to underperform I don't see the 'Yotes gaining ground.

2. Even with them being on a roll, watching them I get the sense that they are 1 key injury away from total collapse.

Just my 2 cents.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
3 game win streak. 4-1-0 in the last 5 games.

Beat the Lightning 7-1.

#6 in the league in Corsi.

#5 in the league Scoring Chances.

Chayka's plan appears to be finally paying off. Who knew that making smart trades, good drafting and prudent free agent signings could help. After multiple years of doing all the aforementioned things under Chayka, it looks like things are finally at place where Coyotes can make some noise in the Pacific. If they do, it will be largely thanks to the moves made over the last 2 years (acquiring their #1C and literally 3 other top 4 d-men and their 1 goalie), almost no one of any significance from the old regime is still on the ice other than OEL.

I was told by the experts on hfboards.com "its only October"

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
You can hang your hat on their performance so far if you like.

My Sabres are off to a decent start also, but I am personally waiting to judge their fortunes after at least 20 - 25 games....

Reactions: bobholly39

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
I hope so but doubt it. Young teams always seem to start off hot then cool off. It's a long season... Too long.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I hope they do. Chayka being successful is good for the game and I'm tired of Arizona being shit on. And I want Galchenyuk to do well so I can enjoy the schadenfreude :D

Reactions: iSophagus

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
You can hang your hat on their performance so far if you like.

My Sabres are off to a decent start also, but I am personally waiting to judge their fortunes after at least 20 - 25 games....

As a neutral fan who doesnt care about either team - i agree. In fact i think theyre the 2 teams i most associate with bottom feeder in the league.

I know both teams are gathering some decent talent but until i actually see them go on a run ill still not believe either team is playoff bound.

Lets see where things stand by december or even january before we start beleiving either team can make a run at the playoffs - let alone more.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I predicted that the Coyotes would be a playoff team. So it's nice to see them win a few, and play well. But this thread seems misplaced.

If you want to talk about them "turning the corner" you could go back to last season, when they ended the season strong. They've been a good team since... But if you want to talk about them playing well now, then maybe wait for more than just 6 or 7 good games. Maybe a bit later in the season if they're close to a wild card spot, instead of 10 games in when they're 3rd last in the west.

This thread is both too early, and too late.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
As a neutral fan who doesnt care about either team - i agree. In fact i think theyre the 2 teams i most associate with bottom feeder in the league.

I know both teams are gathering some decent talent but until i actually see them go on a run ill still not believe either team is playoff bound.

Lets see where things stand by december or even january before we start beleiving either team can make a run at the playoffs - let alone more.

Exactly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad