Confirmed with Link: Arizona claims Riley Nash off of waivers from Tampa

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Not If you Need the food to advance.

Btw: If you guess what i am referencing, i will buy you a Pizza of your choice.

Reasonable prices only
Sounds like a video game reference. Imma guess Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I played it lots when I was little but can't remember much about it.

Reactions: Edenjung

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I guess he can take FO's. We all know how important they are, right rt.;)
Riley Nash? No not really.

It’s embarrassing you can’t fit this argument into your head, man. A strong faceoff team can afford to have one guy who’s not great on draws. The difference between one guy going 45% vs 50% is meaningless over 82 games. There isn’t an argument here. Just a lack of mental capacity. If a person can only think and speak in bumper sticker slogans, this sort of thing can be confusing.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

It’s embarrassing you can’t fit this argument into your head, man. A strong faceoff team can afford to have one guy who’s not great on draws. The difference between one guy going 45% vs 50% is meaningless over 82 games. There isn’t an argument here. Just a lack of mental capacity. If a person can only think and speak in bumper sticker slogans, this sort of thing can be confusing.
It's funny, I can tell exactly who you're replying to despite his posts being hidden.

Reactions: XX

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012

Not that this graph tells you anything about the present argument but its interesting to see how teams with good and/or bad overall FOW% fare in the standings. Some really good teams on the bottom of the list. Without perspective it's really kinda meaningless though???

NHL Team Stats Faceoff Win Percentage 2021-22 | StatMuse

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Sounds like a video game reference. Imma guess Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I played it lots when I was little but can't remember much about it.
Close.

Video Game yes but Not the turtles.
I will give you a hint.
Its a Cheatcode for a Microsoft Game from the First Game of a now 4 Game Series.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Forgot we originally acquired that 1st round draft pick for Nagy and then traded it away to move down.

• 2007-Feb-12 Draft pick rights traded from Dallas Stars with Mathias Tjarnqvist to Phoenix Coyotes for Ladislav Nagy
  • 2007-Jun-22 Draft pick rights traded from Phoenix Coyotes to Edmonton Oilers for round 1 pick in the 2007 draft (Nick Ross) and round 2 pick in the 2007 draft (Joel Gistedt)
  • 2010-Jun-26 Traded from Edmonton Oilers to Carolina Hurricanes for round 2 pick in the 2010 draft (Martin Marincin)
  • 2016-Jul-01 Signed by Boston Bruins
  • 2018-Jul-01 Signed by Columbus Blue Jackets
  • 2021-Apr-09 Traded from Columbus Blue Jackets to Toronto Maple Leafs for round 7 pick in the 2022 draft
  • 2021-Jul-31 Signed by Winnipeg Jets
  • 2021-Dec-07 Claimed off waivers by Tampa Bay Lightning from Winnipeg Jets
  • 2022-Jan-06 Claimed off waivers by Arizona Coyotes from Tampa Bay Lightning

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

The argument first started that FO's don't matter much, now it's changed to "if you are a strong FO team", you can have one guy under 50%. FO's do matter, ask any coach, but I agree one guy under 50% doesn't matter. In fact I think every team probably has one of their C's under 50%.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Not that this graph tells you anything about the present argument but its interesting to see how teams with good and/or bad overall FOW% fare in the standings. Some really good teams on the bottom of the list. Without perspective it's really kinda meaningless though???

NHL Team Stats Faceoff Win Percentage 2021-22 | StatMuse
The thing with FO's is when you win or lose them, most times on special teams. That is when your FO guy becomes your McDavid of the team. Between teams, the FO% doesn't vary all that much, so when you need to win a draw at a crucial time of the game, that is when coaches send out their FO guys.

Last edited:

rt

May 13, 2004
The argument first started that FO's don't matter much, now it's changed to "if you are a strong FO team", you can have one guy under 50%. FO's do matter, ask any coach, but I agree one guy under 50% doesn't matter. In fact I think every team probably has one of their C's under 50%.
You’re wrong. You never understood the argument. It didn’t change. You just can’t keep it straight in your head.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
BA is currently spending $3.8m on centers in AAV.

Hayton - Larsson - Boyd - Nash

That has to be a record.

I'm going to need to see that screen grab of one of our line ups late in the McDavid tank season. IIRC Hanzal, Boedker were on IR, Vermette had been traded and I think Chipchura was our 1C.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I'm going to need to see that screen grab of one of our line ups late in the McDavid tank season. IIRC Hanzal, Boedker were on IR, Vermette had been traded and I think Chipchura was our 1C.

This is from April 4, 2015 vs San Jose. One of the 25 wins that year. That lineup though...brutal.

upload_2022-1-7_12-24-19.png

San Jose Sharks at Arizona Coyotes Box Score — April 4, 2015 | Hockey-Reference.com

Reactions: Grimes

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You’re wrong. You never understood the argument. It didn’t change. You just can’t keep it straight in your head.
Just ask a coach, any coach. Don't take my word for it.

rt

May 13, 2004
Just ask a coach, any coach. Don't take my word for it.

Verrrrry slowwwly…

1. My argument has NEVER changed.

2. It was ALWAYS that a single center being poor at FOs on a strong FO team has a negligible impact over 82gp.

I’ll leave it at that and see if you can process two items at once.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Verrrrry slowwwly…

1. My argument has NEVER changed.

2. It was ALWAYS that a single center being poor at FOs on a strong FO team has a negligible impact over 82gp.

I’ll leave it at that and see if you can process two items at once.

Verrrrry slowwwly…you're barking up the wrong tree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad