Confirmed with Link: Arizona claims Jonas Johansson off of waivers (EDIT: Bye bye - Back to CO)

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
3rd.

Which means one of Yager or Michkov.

I'd say mission accomplished

Yep, much like last year where there was a major drop off after the top 3, I think this year you got 5 can't miss all-star caliber players.

I do not see in any sort of shape or way of us being better than 3rd to worst. Which = top 5 pick.

I'd take any of Bedard, Michkov, Fantilli, Yager or Carlsson number one last year.
Owen Powers, MacTavish, Stuzle, Sanderson and maybe Raymond would be over Yager and Carlsson.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
As bad as Prosvetov has been, he's better than this guy.

You kinda start to get an idea why Chychrun wants out when you see moves like this.
Maybe Gibson was so bad he just wasn’t even a good practice goalie. They figure they release Gibson and claim this dude purely to take Gibsons place as temporary practice solution. Hopefully something else presents itself that makes more sense. Then it’s back to waivers for this guy and Gillies. Tendeck needs a backup in the ECHL too, I think.

Reactions: Jakey53

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
In all likelihood, Johansson will return to the Avs when the Coyotes get another goalie, through waivers or in a trade. It is obvious that they took the 1st one available, that would be needed in the A as a backup. He won't stay long with the Coyotes and is purely a precaution if another goalie isn't found by the start of the season.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
In all likelihood, Johansson will return to the Avs when the Coyotes get another goalie, through waivers or in a trade. It is obvious that they took the 1st one available, that would be needed in the A as a backup. He won't stay long with the Coyotes and is purely a precaution if another goalie isn't found by the start of the season.
I hope you’re right.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I hope you’re right.
Even though I called it, I am relieved. Didn't want that extra contract even though it was 2 way. It was about how many contracts we already have and the ability to take on other contracts through trades and signing prospects after the college season is over and also the off chance of Russians wanting to defect.

Reactions: PainForShane

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019

This post aged well. Great call Schemp

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
This guy could have been the Tank Commander to lead us to a better 0fer start than last season. What a missed opportunity!

Vejmelka's gonna be fine for that. Only real question mark is whether Connor Ingram is going to figure out his issues to the point where he ruins the curve, but as the backup I think we can confidently say that even if he overachieves it will be a limited sample.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad