Confirmed with Link: Arizona claims Jonas Johansson off of waivers (EDIT: Bye bye - Back to CO)

CoSi

Nov 15, 2021
One thing I notice is most bad goalies we bring in have size. We have a good goalie staff I think the hope is to just gamble on guys with tools and see if we can teach them how to stop a respectable amount of pucks

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
We got our new tank commander

Let's GOOOOOOOOOO (sarcasm)

In all seriousness though I think this means the (eventual) end of Prosvetov. Haven't seen enough of either one of these guys to form a strong opinion but when your team is going out of their way to pick up guys like Gillies or Jonas Johansson it shows they do not have faith (at all) in the 'top' goalie prospect currently in the pipeline.

So we are still looking for the goalie of the future, we'll see who we end up with

Reactions: Matias Maccete

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Blech.

As bad as he is, he’s not any better or worse than Gillies. They’re both mediocre, veteran, AHL backups.

So what’s the point? Why have two of these guys? I mean, why even have one of them, let alone two?

Reactions: Jakey53

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Is Khudobin done? Can he play? Is AZ making a claim to up the ante for Dallas to send him out way so they can extend Robertson?

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Blech.

As bad as he is, he’s not any better or worse than Gillies. They’re both mediocre, veteran, AHL backups.

So what’s the point? Why have two of these guys? I mean, why even have one of them, let alone two?
I’m wondering if they knew they needed somebody so they grabbed him, but are still hoping for something better they can grab later. I can’t imagine us letting Ingram slide if he’s on waivers? Oh wait yes I can

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I just don't get why we didn't wait for Daccord or Ingram. Or traded for Khudobin with an asset. Or just duct- taped Tyson Nash to the goalposts...

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I just don't get why we didn't wait for Daccord or Ingram. Or traded for Khudobin with an asset. Or just duct- taped Tyson Nash to the goalposts...
We can claim them and put this guy back on waivers. If nobody else made a claim this go around the Avs get first right and they need a goalie for their farm team.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Is Khudobin done? Can he play? Is AZ making a claim to up the ante for Dallas to send him out way so they can extend Robertson?
He played the other day, so maybe. Signing Gillies was baffling to me. And I’m further mystified by claiming Johansson. Khudobin, on the other hand, makes complete sense to me. He’s proven he is capable of possibly helping. The other two have proven that they are absolutely not.

Exactly. Daccord and Ingram have a small shot of being actual assets, too. There is no chance that Gillies or Johansson become assets at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad