Nov 10, 2008
To Arizona:
James Neal
Adam Ruzicka
4th Round
6th Round

To Calgary:
Michael Grabner

A change of scenery for Neal while Grabner didn't have the greatest season with Arizona either. Not to mention a few picks for Arizona and in theory, a playoff veteran in Neal to help them get over the hump.

Reactions: AustinYYC95

Keenan87

Nov 10, 2008
I think it will cost more than that to get out of Neal's deal

Costing a lot more than a 4th and 6th to dump Neal .

I appreciate the responses and yeah, you may be right. I just personally think Grabner and Neal are both salary dumps at this point (maybe I am wrong). In that case, Arizona gets a prospect and 2 picks to pick up ~2 mil in salary. For a team that won't be close to the salary cap, I thought it may be worth it.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
[MOD]I provided my reasoning in the initial post. If you don't think it's fair, provide a reason or at least say "Not a good deal for Arizona". [MOD]

ok then the fair thing for him to say is "arizona would not consider this"

Neal's first year on his new deal was bad enough it should scare alot of teams away unless a significant retention happens, or overpayment. I think the Flames are best to see if he can rebound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ck26 and Keenan87

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
[MOD]I provided my reasoning in the initial post. If you don't think it's fair, provide a reason or at least say "Not a good deal for Arizona". [MOD]

Bud, the over the top reaction and personal attacks are unnecessary. I'll elaborate.

Why would the Coyotes, a team that is very budget conscious, ever consider taking on significantly more cap and real money to swap two players whose previous 3 seasons look remarkably similar for the benefit of two insignificant picks and prospect with minimal value.

And lets be honest, if Neal being a playoff veteran had any real value, Calgary wouldn't want to trade him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ck26

razor ray

May 8, 2011
To Arizona:
James Neal
Adam Ruzicka
4th Round
6th Round

To Calgary:
Michael Grabner

A change of scenery for Neal while Grabner didn't have the greatest season with Arizona either. Not to mention a few picks for Arizona and in theory, a playoff veteran in Neal to help them get over the hump.

Easy no from Yotes unless you toss in a couple 1sts.

Reactions: ck26

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Interested in taking on Neal if he's retained, but certainly not giving up value like Grabner to do it.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Not only was Grabner one of our best PKers and best players but he has quickly endeared himself to the fanbase. I truly think Grabner is unavailable without significant overpayment coming back.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
I appreciate the responses and yeah, you may be right. I just personally think Grabner and Neal are both salary dumps at this point (maybe I am wrong). In that case, Arizona gets a prospect and 2 picks to pick up ~2 mil in salary. For a team that won't be close to the salary cap, I thought it may be worth it.

If Grabner’s a cap dump, I’d gladly take him off Arizona’s hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad