Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Radim Vrbata to Yotes, (1 year, $1M + bonuses)

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
This is signing of offseason. Vrbata is a year removed from 31 goal year. If you value shooting stats, in 2015/16 he had near career lows in individual s%, on ice s% AND IPP. Its extremely rare to have lows in all those categories at one time. Pretty good bet hell bounce back with those s% (you can say age slowed him down, but still getting shots off and his linemates were pretty crummy)

For reference:
Individual shooting %- almost half his career norm. Shots werent going in, but still getting them on net

On ice sh%- teammates werent scoring when he was on the ice. Lead to much lower assists/ But still shots going on the net

IPP- When he was on ice when team scored (which was less due to low on ice s%), he wasnt getting as many points. He IPP this year was shockingly low for a top 6 forward

If just 1 rebounds, you are probably looking at 35 point guy (FV for 1 mil). If 2 rebound, likely 40-45. If all 3 rebound (which wouldnt be that absurd), 50-55 points. If some of those shooting stats rebound PLUS go above career norm for the season- could be 60-65 points.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
This is signing of offseason. Vrbata is a year removed from 31 goal year. If you value shooting stats, in 2015/16 he had near career lows in individual s%, on ice s% AND IPP. Its extremely rare to have lows in all those categories at one time. Pretty good bet hell bounce back with those s% (you can say age slowed him down, but still getting shots off and his linemates were pretty crummy)

For reference:
Individual shooting %- almost half his career norm. Shots werent going in, but still getting them on net

On ice sh%- teammates werent scoring when he was on the ice. Lead to much lower assists/ But still shots going on the net

IPP- When he was on ice when team scored (which was less due to low on ice s%), he wasnt getting as many points. He IPP this year was shockingly low for a top 6 forward

If just 1 rebounds, you are probably looking at 35 point guy (FV for 1 mil). If 2 rebound, likely 40-45. If all 3 rebound (which wouldnt be that absurd), 50-55 points. If some of those shooting stats rebound PLUS go above career norm for the season- could be 60-65 points.

He also played with the Sedins and on our 1st unit PP during that 31 goal season. Not saying he won't score goals for Arizona, but I doubt he hits 30 again. He really mailed it in last season, it was pretty painful watching him play. But low risk-medium reward signing so it looks pretty good for Arizona.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
He also played with the Sedins and on our 1st unit PP during that 31 goal season. Not saying he won't score goals for Arizona, but I doubt he hits 30 again. He really mailed it in last season, it was pretty painful watching him play. But low risk-medium reward signing so it looks pretty good for Arizona.

30 is almost put of picture. But top 6 role with some of forwards Arizona will be bringing in? 25 is not out of picture if s% rebounds and get a little extra luck. Ill predict 23-25-48. Pretty solid for a 1 mil player

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

He only played with the twins for about half the year in his first season and basically not at all last season.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
WOW OVERPAID.

I'm loving the direction of this Yotes team, I'll be sure to tune into some games.

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Chayka, the best GM in the league strikes again with another smart cost efficient signing

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
Good signing. He was utterly worthless in Vancouver last year.. but being worthless will basically net you a contract like this by nhl standards.

Can't go wrong. Good signing, yotes.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Arizona is obviously a place players like/love despite all the turmoil over the years. As the team improves the on ice product they may be a real player in the UFA market.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
30 is almost put of picture. But top 6 role with some of forwards Arizona will be bringing in? 25 is not out of picture if s% rebounds and get a little extra luck. Ill predict 23-25-48. Pretty solid for a 1 mil player

Agreed, he could be put into a position to succeed. If he's riding shotgun to Strome or something like that, I could see 25 goals. But that's his ceiling IMO.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
He only played with the twins for about half the year in his first season and basically not at all last season.

This is true, but did he not also play prime PP minutes with the Sedins too? 12 of his goals were on the powerplay and he had 23 powerplay points. Pretty significant portion of his production. Also playing with Horvat and Baerstchi (I think were his line mates?) is not much worse than who he might play with on Arizona unless they gift him a spot next to a top prospect/player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad