Trade: [ARI/NYG] Isaiah Simmons for 2024 7th round pick

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Major hype for him coming out of Clemson. Size of a LB who ran 4.3X at the combine. Guess he never developed into what he was supposed to be. Could have been a S or LB depending on scheme. Someone to cover TE if he had coverage skills. Tall enough at 6’2 and faster than a TE. And like 230 odd lbs.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Major hype for him coming out of Clemson. Size of a LB who ran 4.3X at the combine. Guess he never developed into what he was supposed to be. Could have been a S or LB depending on scheme. Someone to cover TE if he had coverage skills. Tall enough at 6’2 and faster than a TE. And like 230 odd lbs.
I don’t know all of how he was used given that it was the Cardinals, but it’s become a red flag to me when you draft someone who is an off-ball linebacker and can’t decide if he’s supposed to be a safety. Other way around is easier. They did the same with Zaven Collins and that didn’t work either, and you’re talking back to back 1st round picks.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I fell into the hype, I thought this guy would be great. I also thought Aaron Donald was too small to play DT at the time of his draft.

10/10 amateur scout here

• Wow
Reactions: HisIceness

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
People were overrating the living shit out of this guy pre-draft, never understood it
Physical measurable were off the charts. Kind of a rover at Clemson. Was he a S or LB more at Clemson?

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
He won the Butkus award in 2019 as the best linebacker.
This is going to be an interesting test when it comes to how much coaching matters.

At the same time, the bar is now lower. For the Giants to come out winners, all they have to do is find a way to make him useful. The expectation isn't the same as in Arizona where his play was always going to be evaluated against his draft position.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is going to be an interesting test when it comes to how much coaching matters.

At the same time, the bar is now lower. For the Giants to come out winners, all they have to do is find a way to make him useful. The expectation isn't the same as in Arizona where his play was always going to be evaluated against his draft position.
Arizona has a new regime, so him being drafted too high isn’t their problem. Gannon doesn’t blitz very much, so the linebackers have to be able to tackle, cover, and run stop. It should’ve opened up opportunities in camp for him, and I guess he did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad