Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Lawson Crouse signs extension (3 years, $1.533M AAV)

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Forgot this guy existed

mpir3

Apr 7, 2010
He had some games where he showed flashes of dominance. Think he’ll end up a decent player. Coyotes need someone like him.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Not surprising. The dude is a legit deth player now, even if that is far below what was expected when he was drafted.

There's still a chance that something clicks in his head and the scoring develops. But he's a fine enough NHLer as he is. Lots of teams would be happy to have him on the roster.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Not surprising. The dude is a legit deth player now, even if that is far below what was expected when he was drafted.

There's still a chance that something clicks in his head and the scoring develops. But he's a fine enough NHLer as he is. Lots of teams would be happy to have him on the roster.
I think most thought of him as a future bottom 6 player when he was drafted. I remember him as a high floor low ceiling pick

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I know he hasn't come close to what he was expected prior to his draft year and even with his draft position and likely never will but I also have had a soft spot for him. I loved watching him play in the WJHC with I think Ritchie and Gauthier and seeing them just cycle that puck with no shot of the other teams to get it off them. They didn't end up scoring much with all that possession but the physical dominance and puck retention was impressive.

I hope it works out for him even though I am not a fan of the Coyotes or their management at all.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I think most thought of him as a future bottom 6 player when he was drafted. I remember him as a high floor low ceiling pick

I think you might have that a bit backwards. At least, that's how I remember it. He's at his floor now. A good physical presence, strong in the corners. The question was if he could score at the NHL level, and so far the answer is no. This was always the minimum people expected out of him.

If he does manage to get pucks in the net a bit more then he'll be on his way to the high-ceiling power-forward type.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He'll top out at 30-35 pts, but with a good frame, good motor, decent speed, and good on the PK, he's surpassed my expectations. Valuable player on the roster.

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
No he was hyped to be the next big pwf. He was as high as 3rd I believe, he was considered a slide during draft night. He was considered an automatic nhler with an upside that could dominate. He had a high floor and a high ceiling to many on draft night. But yah he has become what most expected.

Reactions: qqaz

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Haha. I was thinking the same thing. It's a bit silly, for sure. I know it shouldn't make a difference, but it does make future trade proposals harder when you need to do some cap-math with contracts like these.

New CBA should mandate AAVs have to finish with three zeroes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad