Trade: [ARI/HOU] DeAndre Hopkins and 2020 4th for David Johnson, 2020 2nd, and 2021 4th

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Diggs just landed a 1st and a 5th. Also a swap of a 6th from BUF and a 7th from Minny.

just huh?

Vikings get better picks and cap space from their trade.

Which kills me because Houston wanted to get a 1st round pick back and somehow didn't even though Hopkins is clearly a better player than Diggs.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I’d just like to know how a trade this bad comes together. How that first initial conversation went.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Nah - it's not even the worst trade ever in the NFL.

Bzv-Kf2CIAAzyqm.png

I know that trade was obviously horrible in hindsight. How was it viewed at the time of the trade.

Walker had just put up over 2000 rushing+receiving yards the season before (his 3rd season) and running backs were highly valued.

This trade seconds after everyone wondered what in the actual ****. Houston got absolutely robbed here. They took on a negative value contract and got a 2nd round pick for one of the best receivers in the game still in his prime, that’s absolute insanity.

That same day Diggs got traded for a package that was worth way way more.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I know that trade was obviously horrible in hindsight. How was it viewed at the time of the trade.

Walker had just put up over 2000 rushing+receiving yards the season before (his 3rd season) and running backs were highly valued.
Really it was his 6th season.

The problem with judging the trade by contemporary accounts is the picks were conditional on the Cowboys no longer having those players Jimmy Jonson conned the Vikings making them think he was interested in the active guys when it was just a charade to get the picks.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
There are a few RB’s the Texans could have signed that are at least on DJ’s level. And they wouldn’t have required trading Hopkins.

I wonder if BoB is aware of that.

I wonder if BoB was aware that he already had a pretty good RB with the initials DJ on the roster before making this trade.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
So uh..... why did Houston trade a WR the caliber of Hopkins for a RB again?

Because BoB couldn't stand the idea of losing yet another contract negotiation with one of his players. We should've fired him before allowing him to trade Hopkins.

Reactions: OmniCube

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Seeing what Hopkins is doing with Kyler Murray just really proves what we all already knew. This trade was an absolute shit show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad