Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] F Aku Raty signs ELC with the Coyotes (2 years, $896.25k AAV)

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Was solid in the Liiga this year, looked like a completely different player after leaving Kärpät. Would like to see him play another year in Liiga, in a big role for a whole season.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Arizona's release says 3 year deal, but I thought, as he was turning 22 this year, he'd be limited to a 2 year deal

@mouser, do ELCs go by the regular age determination (ie. a "22 year old" would be any player aged 22 by December 31 September 15 of the year) or literal age at date of signing?

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Arizona's release says 3 year deal, but I thought, as he was turning 22 this year, he'd be limited to a 2 year deal

@mouser, do ELCs go by the regular age determination (ie. a "22 year old" would be any player aged 22 by December 31 of the year) or literal age at date of signing?

Their PR people probably goofed. Should be a two year ELC.

Reactions: uncleben

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
So Autu and Aku.

1683170465927.gif

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Will Lane Pederson be part of this master plan too?

I think that experiment ran it's course. I'm sure there's some more John Millers or something out there we could acquire that would be a lot more compelling.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I think that experiment ran its course. I'm sure there's some more John Millers or something out there we could acquire that would be a lot more compelling.
Im disappointed the Pederson to Pettersson (sr) connection didn’t work. That seemed to be a great start to something good.
Also, I thought it was Jimothy Timothy Miller not Johnathan Taylor Thomas Miller.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Im disappointed the Pederson to Pettersson (sr) connection didn’t work. That seemed to be a great start to something good.
Also, I thought it was Jimothy Timothy Miller not Johnathan Taylor Thomas Miller.

Yeah. Sometimes things just don't work out as well that they do on paper. :dunno:

Really, i think any Jim Jam Timmy Tom Johnny Joe Tam Tam Todd Miller or whatever would probably suffice.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Is he better than his brother? hopefully a better skater.
Aatu has been better in every level so far despite being the younger one and has noticeably higher potential and drives play more.

Aku is slightly smaller, less clever but with much better skating and motor. He is a workhorse/energy player who plays a straightforward brand of hockey. His strengths are 1on1 battles, forecheck and willingness to battle in the corners. He does have offensive potential too but he is more of a complimentary player.

Both have good shots and two-way game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad