Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Dylan Guenther signs ELC with the Coyotes (3 years, $925k AAV)

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
He's going to look good potentially playing with Shane Wright or Brad Lambert. Hopefully the Coyotes stay in Arizona so their fans can finally see a good on ice product. This kid can be a good one.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
upload_2021-8-30_19-36-44.png

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
2ppg in his draft year in WHL. I'm not sure how he fell to 9th overall.

To be fair it was a very small sample size although I do think he was a GREAT pick at #9 and undervalued at that slot. He’s not the flashiest or most explosive prospect so I think there’s a temptation to muzzle his “star” upside a bit. But he’s so good, so we’ll-rounded and has been so productive everywhere. The NHL (past a cup of coffee) is likely a bridge too far this season as last we saw him he clearly wasn’t ready physically/strength wise but he’s gonna be a good one. The Coyotes gave up a great little player in Garland but given their window - I’d say they did amazingly to get a prospect as high level as Guenther back.

If he goes back and destroys the WHL this season, he’ll be knocking on top-10 prospect status (league wide) by next summer imo. He’s a true blue chipper in my opinion. Not a franchise guy but a guy you can project into a serious first line role down the line.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Favourite forward in the draft. I know a lot of people doubt his ‘development’ because he’s on the Yotes. I think it’s a great scenario for him though where they can afford to give him lots of opportunity.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Favourite forward in the draft. I know a lot of people doubt his ‘development’ because he’s on the Yotes. I think it’s a great scenario for him though where they can afford to give him lots of opportunity.
Especially if they can land a top center in the next draft and/or grab matthews (IF he decides to do that). Guenther definitely makes up the loss of Garland long term.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
2ppg in his draft year in WHL. I'm not sure how he fell to 9th overall.
He has the unfortunate condition of having the ‘RW’ term attached to his name instead of ‘C’. That is the main reason, he definitely shouldn’t of dropped that far.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad