Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Christian Fischer re-signs (2 years, $1M AAV)

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
What happened to this guy? Looked really promising but seems to have regressed the last couple seasons. Granted, I am totally just looking at stat lines here.

Reactions: Morrison

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I don't mean to rain on the Coyotes, but man they messed up with a lot of their picks. Especially 2015 draft.
What was a very strong draft and you walk away with

Dylan Strome 3rd
Merkley at 30
and Fischer at 32

That's essentially nothing to show for with your first rounders and a very early second rounder

2017 has been a complete write off
2018, Hayton is the only may have a career in NHL even at that at best a 2nd liner or a 3rd liner

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't mean to rain on the Coyotes, but man they messed up with a lot of their picks. Especially 2015 draft.

Dylan Strome 3rd
Merkley at 30
and Fischer at 32

That's essentially nothing to show for with your first rounders and a very early second rounder

2018, Hayton is the only may have a career in NHL even at that at best a 2nd liner or a 3rd liner
The GM, two of his assistant GMs, the director of amateur scouting, and several scouts have been replaced. Hopefully it works this time.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
The GM, two of his assistant GMs, the director of amateur scouting, and several scouts have been replaced. Hopefully it works this time.

Hope so. The better every team is the better the league is
I am so tired of seeing the same team every year good or bad in the same spot

Reactions: DarthProbert

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Hope so. The better every team is the better the league is
I am so tired of seeing the same team every year good or bad in the same spot

2020 was a very deep draft but Boy Genius (Chayka) wasted all the picks on a vanity run to make the playoffs at all costs (Kessler, Hall). Then he got busted for cheating and the Coyotes lost even more valuable picks.

The good news is that Arizona finally seems to have an owner with the financial muscle to build a proper organization. The Coyotes have gone nowhere fast for 25 years in Arizona. It's time to create a real organization that can support a contending team.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Dylan Strome 3rd
Merkley at 30
and Fischer at 32

As an impartial fan, I'd say Hayton absolutely has top line potential. He's very smart, very skilled, good defensively and isnt afraid to go to the dirty areas. I'd be shocked if he isnt at least a very good 2nd liner. Really, my only concern with him is health.

Reactions: fahad203

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Looking at the Coyotes cap situation, they are already over the cap with Conor still to sign.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Fischer is fine, good contract

Plenty to dump on the Coyotes for if you want but this isnt it

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015

Dylan Strome 3rd
Merkley at 30
and Fischer at 32

Tbf those draft 2015 draft picks looked great at the time, not so much in hindsight

Reactions: ollewall

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Tbf those draft 2015 draft picks looked great at the time, not so much in hindsight

More so because Merkley immediately continued his injury issues and the team traded Strome right as he became NHL ready.

Fischer has played a lot of thankless defensive minutes for a defense first team. He isn't likely to put up points until he gets a better coach.

Reactions: CLW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad