Trade: [ARI/BAL] Marquise Brown and 100th OA for 23rd overall

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Win for Baltimore in terms of sheer value but I think this is a big risk for a team that has a horrible history with WRs and there's the added strong relationship between Hollywood and Lamar.

I honestly think this isn't great for both teams.

Reactions: Terry Yake

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Win for Baltimore in terms of sheer value but I think this is a big risk for a team that has a horrible history with WRs and there's the added strong relationship between Hollywood and Lamar.

I agree with you here

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

I think this won't look good when the Cardinals hand him a Hollywood contract and get Sacramento production.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ravens sold high on a player that they were gonna have to overpay. I have more faith in the ravens decision making process than the cardinals. Cardinals will probably get more creative with him, but he’s also gonna get roughed up in that division

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Ravens sold high on a player that they were gonna have to overpay. I have more faith in the ravens decision making process than the cardinals. Cardinals will probably get more creative with him, but he’s also gonna get roughed up in that division
If AZ for a 2nd back the trade would be more palatable. Fitz is gone. Hopkins was hurt last year. Kirk left. Isabelle isn’t anything to write home about.
They took Moore, a 5’7 speedster from Purdue last season. Now another sub 6 foot WR?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

yeah, brown has been frustrating to watch and inconsistent but not sure how i feel about them giving up on him so soon. but i get that they probably just didn't want to pay him

if he can put it all together he'll be a star

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I think he had the same value to Kyler, and making Kyler happy mattered more than doing a smart trade.
The only way this trade makes sense from a value perspective is that its about keeping a QB you think is a top 6 or so guy in the league happy. They played at OU together and are close friends. Under any other value construct it is an insane overpay.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
As an A’s and 49ers fan, I don’t really care for him for multiple reasons.

I get a kick out of Aqib Talib when he pronounces his name ‘Calimari’.

As for Murray himself, he’s shown flashes to be the guy but he’s crashed and burned the past few seasons down the stretch. Then that horrendous playoff game against the Rams where he did a pick six from his own end zone..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad