Speculation: Arena Updates

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Hello amigos. It is very hard to find any information on the arena approval process if you are out of state or even more so out of country. If anyone finds some information can you post it here? Please no attacking people especially co fans and Canadians lol. Would appreciate any tidbits you can find.

We are all in this mess together:)

Reactions: Summer Rose

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Go to Page 2 and look for a thread called "Welcome to TED Talk - Tempe is in, so what’s next"

It's usually on the first page but it got buried with all the draft stuff.

Tempe is the town we're building the new arena in -- all that discussion is in there.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Go to Page 2 and look for a thread called "Welcome to TED Talk - Tempe is in, so what’s next"

It's usually on the first page but it got buried with all the draft stuff.

Tempe is the town we're building the new arena in -- all that discussion is in there.
Was there but it was just getting nasty. Was hoping for clean slate of just helpful information:)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Are you the guy moving the dirt for fun?

I do work at ASU occasionally, but alas the only inside info I have is that the arena isn't going to be directly managed by ASU like SDS and DFA are, there's going to be some third party running the facilities. I think that's already long been public by now though.

Which is too bad that means I can't use my ASU credentials to sneak in :laugh:

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I do work at ASU occasionally, but alas the only inside info I have is that the arena isn't going to be directly managed by ASU like SDS and DFA are, there's going to be some third party running the facilities. I think that's already long been public by now though.

Which is too bad that means I can't use my ASU credentials to sneak in :laugh:
High visibility vest and a clipboard should do the trick.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I just hope Tyler Steenberg was not involved in the Sexual assault allegations for Hockey Canada .. Connor Timmins already did a statement saying he wasn't involved..

If ASU or TEMPE sees yet another thing to put the Coyotes in a "bad light" I am afraid of what may happen

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
If the thread gets progressively dumber that usually means nothing is happening at the moment :laugh:
This!!!!

Just grabbed a new screenshot of the annex and posting there it in a bit....

Next Tempe city council meeting isn't until August 18th. Two new council members were just sworn in on the 1st so they have to get up to speed o the proposal.

Sky Harbor took to Twitter a week or so ago with their complaints about the housing part of the proposal but so far they aren't indicating what Phoenix will do in a legal sense (ie lawsuit to enforce the IGA).

The responses to their posting were not what they were hoping. :laugh:

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
This!!!!

Just grabbed a new screenshot of the annex and posting there it in a bit....

Next Tempe city council meeting isn't until August 18th. Two new council members were just sworn in on the 1st so they have to get up to speed o the proposal.

Sky Harbor took to Twitter a week or so ago with their complaints about the housing part of the proposal but so far they aren't indicating what Phoenix will do in a legal sense (ie lawsuit to enforce the IGA).

The responses to their posting were not what they were hoping. :laugh:
Mucho Gracias 😊

Fake children's FBI badge should also do the trick. Not that I would encourage such tricks, mind you.
Sadly this probably would work lol

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I broke into the Cardinal's stadium back in the day and it was actually a bit precarious, but I've either lost my nerve in my old age, or the environment is more difficult at the multi use arena. I believe it's a bit of both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad