Arena Football League relaunching with 16 teams in 2024

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
The playing surface at that arena won't fit a full size field. Not even close. They're going to end up with a 40 yard field and 5 yard end zones.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
So despite being announced two weeks ago, the Chicago Rush aren't on the schedule.

Nor are the Arizona Bandits.

• Haha
Reactions: MMC

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Rush account might be totally fake. The URL on their page links here:
1700175146820.png

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
So the league starts today, and there's some issues, like how some games have been bumped off the NFL Network and onto obscure, right-wing streaming services, Louisiana randomly moved from Lake Charles to Lafayette (and not even the good arena in Lafayette), Georgia technically is by all accounts a road team this year, and Philadelphia may be played by semi-pro players tonight.

• Haha

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Yeah, Philadelphia used semi-pro players (the Dallas Falcons from the AAL2, and before you ask, no there is no AAL and likely there never will), and the configuration was all gross with roller derby boards and cheap wire fencing for the nets. Louisiana won that game 52-18 and it wasn't even close.

The only game that felt competitive and professional looking was Albany and Orlando, as Albany has years of putting on indoor football. Also, I highly recommend against using the AFL's own streaming platform as it requires you to use your information, the chat isn't moderated, and the announcers for those games are somehow unprofessional.

This oughta compare what was going on last night.

• Wow

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

So, maybe this thing's a bit less seat-of-the-pants than I thought. I wasn't expecting them to have any sort of legit TV distribution.

Nope, I was right the first time. Absolute clown show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad