Are you taking a vacation this summer?

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
My vacation had to be cancelled because Disneyland was closed. I'm planning to go on some short day trips this summer instead.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Too busy at work for a vacation. I take mine in the winter golfing in Arizona.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
We were planing on going to Colorado this summer to stay in the Mountains for a week but luckily did not have anything booked so we are just going to save up this year and go next summer and stay at a better house. IF we had already paid and could not receive the full refund we would go on the trip. But we do not do tourist trap places, we like to rent a house on some lesser known beach or next to some large park and relax, vacation for me is not going to some place and being packed in like sardines.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
We were planing on going to Colorado this summer to stay in the Mountains for a week but luckily did not have anything booked so we are just going to save up this year and go next summer and stay at a better house. IF we had already paid and could not receive the full refund we would go on the trip. But we do not do tourist trap places, we like to rent a house on some lesser known beach or next to some large park and relax, vacation for me is not going to some place and being packed in like sardines.

Summers in Colorado are wonderful. Just remember, the higher up you are going in elevation, the later "summer" really starts. A few of my favorite trails near my house are still closed and/or covered in snow. My favorite trail sits at an elevation of around 10,000 feet and won't be clear of snow for a few more weeks.

If you are looking for isolation and non-touristy mountain areas in Colorado, I recommend targeting places south of Aspen/Breck/Vail. There are some great spots in those towns and some great spots if you go north to Rocky Mountain National Park. But there will be a lot of people. If you go south, there are some equally beautiful spots in the Pike, San Isabel, Gunnison, San Juan and Rio Grande National Forest areas. Crested Butte will have a decent chunk of people, but I don't think I have ever been to a more beautiful location than Crested Butte during wildflower season.

Reactions: TheBluePenguin

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
With having a more flexible work schedule due to the pandemic, going to spend a lot of time this summer camping, fishing, and just getting away from populated areas in general.

Reactions: bluesXwinXtheXcup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad