Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Scorched Earth

Votes: 21 40.4%

• Total voters

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Fore entire front office, coaching staff, and scouting staff. If you keep anyone make them re interview for the job after a month.

Buy out PLD
Trade Gavrikov
Let Roy walk
Let Arvy walk
Trade Fiala for a haul
If Doughty bitches give him his papers!

At TDL
Trade Kempe and Phil

Last edited:

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Trade everyone not named Byfield and Clarke. Ask Kopitar if he wants to go. Tell Doughty he's going.

Clear the entire management group. New group decides if scouts and coaches stay. Put the whole development team on a rubber dinghy with a small leak and push them out to sea at night.

Do it right this time.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Do they really need a complete rebuild? Just talking about players here, coaching, Front Office seperate,

All ages are off of Cap Friendly

Byfield (21) Kopitar (36) Kempe (28)
Moore (29) Danault (31) Arvidsson (31)
Lafierriere (22) Dubois (25) Fiala (27)
Lewis (37) Lizotte (26) Grundstrom (26)

Andersson (24) Doughty (34)
Gavrikov (28) Roy (29)
Englund (29) Spence (23)

Spares - Kaliyev (22) Moveare (26)

Goaltenders - Talbot - OLD - Rittich - OLD

In the minors

Thomas (24) Turcotte (23) Fagemo (24) Clarke (21)

I don't think you go FULL rebuild, you re-tool, you let Roy leave, replace him with Clarke, you let Arvidsson leave, replace him with Laf, put Thomas where Laf is, you let Lewis leave, put Turcotte/Fagemo there.....

If any players want out, you move them, but there's no reason...to move Kempe, Fiala, Moore, etc.

Depending on what the cap does, it allows you to bring in a tougher LD, or 4th liner if you don't want Fagemo there etc.

This thread and the other thread are solely based on overreactions though...

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i went partial teardown but it's probably verging on scorched earth

think it would be a waste of the current supporting cast of youth to completely blow it up but i'd be pretty heavy-handed. they need to get in and be every day NHL players and sink or swim like QB did

-kopi's extended unfortunately, call it sunk cost, but ride him out unless he wants out
-mikey's cost-controlled and reliable, keep him
-you're stuck with fiala because of the NMC
-doughty, danault, kempe can fetch you some good shit

obviously leaves the PLD question dangling but i think a buyout is unrealistic

SaltyElkHunter

Apr 24, 2019
Utah
i went partial teardown but it's probably verging on scorched earth

think it would be a waste of the current supporting cast of youth to completely blow it up but i'd be pretty heavy-handed. they need to get in and be every day NHL players and sink or swim like QB did

-kopi's extended unfortunately, call it sunk cost, but ride him out unless he wants out
-mikey's cost-controlled and reliable, keep him
-you're stuck with fiala because of the NMC
-doughty, danault, kempe can fetch you some good shit

obviously leaves the PLD question dangling but i think a buyout is unrealistic
I started in my head with this but came to the rationalization you have to be bad enough to get a top 3 pick and nail it to get a 1st line center. I like Byfield on the wing digging out pucks and his board play.

Embrace the suck for 2-3 years then get a move on. Clarke makes an awesome number 3 dman

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I started in my head with this but came to the rationalization you have to be bad enough to get a top 3 pick and nail it to get a 1st line center. I like Byfield on the wing digging out pucks and his board play.
Do you trust the current front office in drafting/developing that? IF not, you don't scorch earth right away until you have that in place.

SaltyElkHunter

Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Do you trust the current front office in drafting/developing that? IF not, you don't scorch earth right away until you have that in place.
I vote scorched earth with a slow sell off to maximize return and not flood the market with a complete fire sale. Slow drop the assets. Scorched earth can take 9 months

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

Embrace the suck for 2-3 years then get a move on. Clarke makes an awesome number 3 dman
but even then, the sharks have vlasic's corpse and couture on contract. can't get rid of everyone, especially when they're all been given the sun and moon with NMC/NTCs

i agree that it doesn't need to be a hard and fast sell, especially given that you have a high quality tradeable center in danault, who you can dangle at the deadline to maximize

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
There isn't really such thing as a complete rebuild. A team has to be iced and it's not going to be 100% rentals. I do think they need to clean house in the front office and get new ideas.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Won't be able to get rid of everyone but between this offseason, deadline, and next offseason, you could get a haul.

Kempe and Danault are on absolute sweetheart deals and would be MASSIVE value. Of the vets, I would basically only keep Doughty and Anderson on D, Fiala and Moore up front. Can always sign bridge vets a la DL. We lost the luxury of having better insulators like Kopitar and Doughty by pretending we were contenders, so we're basically going to have to scorched earth it for a few years.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Yeah clear out the FO and coaching first of all.

Move Roy at the draft after letting teams negotiate a deal with him. Get what you can at that point.

I'm likely going to be willing to keep Kempe or Danault (but not both). Move one of them either at the draft or hold onto them until the deadline next year.

Try to move Doughty and retain some if you can get better picks/prospects that make up for it.

Try to get players in free agency like a Derek Armstrong or a Craig Conroy type. Vets to fill in for a couple of years.

Acquire as many picks as you can for the next 2-3 years and rebuild the cupboard. Try to maximize value with them and package to move up if you can. Stop using them to bring in current players.

Put youngsters in positions to play to their strengths for crying out loud. Give Kaliyev a real shot if for no other reason than a showcase. Shelter their minutes as much as you can but give them opportunities to succeed.

Get a GOD DAMN GOALIE THAT IS UNDER 30!

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Voted no as i do not think this team needs a full rebuild.
Biggest issue with the forward groups is no one has identified roles. It's like Blake is trying to have three scoring lines and then a mash up fourth line. One of the things you always here players praise Daryl for was he communicated to each player their expected roles. Just look at Fiala, is he a third line winger or scorer?
Biggest issue on the back end is no stay at home types. When LA needs to shut things down when up a goal or two who should they lean on?
Biggest issue in net is age and really no #1 talent.

I don't see a rebuild helping the D and forwards...vision is what needs to change. Goalie you could argue a rebuild would help, but goalies are like voodoo.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I mean, first thing's first. The whole thing is currently off kilter because the front office who built the roster. The previous regime won us two Cups and built the best playoff roster the Kings ever had. Maybe only the 93 roster had more talent but that was only a three line team and didn't have a franchise goaltender.

So first thing's first...who will run the front office and make the decisions.

We had a several year rebuild and instead wound up with high priced Fiala, overpriced PLD and the two guys from the '12 roster that are too old to lead the team physically and too lacking in leadership qualities to lead the team, morale-wise. Plus how many young promising players and young prime players were dumped as cap dumps? More rebuilding under a bad front office will get us nowhere as well.

Reactions: Schrute farms

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
quote-there-is-but-one-path-we-must-kill-them-all-spartacus-105-81-63.jpg

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Do they really need a complete rebuild? Just talking about players here, coaching, Front Office seperate,

Gavrikov (28) Roy (29)
Englund (29) Spence (23)

In the minors

I don't think you go FULL rebuild, you re-tool, you let Roy leave, replace him with Clarke, you let Arvidsson leave, replace him with Laf, put Thomas where Laf is, you let Lewis leave, put Turcotte/Fagemo there.....

If any players want out, you move them, but there's no reason...to move Kempe, Fiala, Moore, etc.

Depending on what the cap does, it allows you to bring in a tougher LD, or 4th liner if you don't want Fagemo there etc.

To go further.....depending on again how the cap moves, and how the team plays, at the TDL, I would look at moving Gavrikov (not sure if we have a replacement though) moving Danault, and again depending on play, elevating some of the youngsters (Thomas, Turcotte) etc,

But this team is not in need of a drastic rebuild, at all.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

Gavrikov (28) Roy (29)
Englund (29) Spence (23)

In the minors

Definitely not scorched earth but moving Doughty, Roy, and Gavrikov and replacing the 4th line allows any GM additional roster flexibility to tweak it as he sees fit. Kopitar should not be the number one center any longer.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Definitely not scorched earth but moving Doughty, Roy, and Gavrikov and replacing the 4th line allows any GM additional roster flexibility to tweak it as he sees fit. Kopitar should not be the number one center any longer.

Roy, yes, Gavrikov, at the TDL if you can,

No chance are you moving Doughty.....not because of any perceived cap issues, it's because you have no one to replace him with, not even close to his level, even at his age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad