Are you happy with your team Pre Season Permance

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
I thought it would be nice to hear GM comments on Pre Season performance of their team. Here is what I thought about my team:

Good: Defence played better than I expected
Bad: Offense is way off with only 1 PP goal
Ugly: Losing both games against Flyers

Overall: Below expectation...was expecting a much better result...in need of number one centre to play along with Heatley and Gaborik. Improvement is needed in Goaltening as Osgood is not an answer for Islanders.

radir

Jul 31, 2005
For Ottawa :

First in the East after 5 games. Can't really ask for much!

Good : Luongo being Luongo. Defense do allow a lot of shots, but 12 goals allowed in 5 games. Kesler 8 points in 5 games.
Bad : Offense not producing as much as anticipated. Zetterberg taking it slow (3 pts in 5 games)

Last edited:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
...for Columbus:

Good
Powerplay is clicking at 18.75%; fairly good physical play, but not as dominant as I was expecting

Bad
Losing my top two defencemen this early (Jovanovski to suspension, Blake to injury) certainly doesn't help matters

Ugly
Everything else. Seriously. Terrible PK, terrible shots for/against, abysmal goals for/against... we certainly haven't shown the competitiveness I was expecting. I have fewer games played than anyone, though, so the sample size is small, and I've been making roster adjustments as I go -- hopefully adding Sykora will help in the goals for department, but it's not likely to help the goals against, which is a greater concern. Losing too many faceoffs as well, and the turnovers... don't get me started ont eh turnovers! Goaltending has been mostly poor as well. Just a mess overall, really. Ugh. I expect more moves before we get too far into the season.

Overall grade: F- (is there such a thing as an F minus? If there wasn't before, there is now!)

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Well if I win my last pre-season game tonite, I have a shot to finish tied for 1st in the West. Seeing how I am expected to finish last in the West.....yea, I'm ok with how they are playing.

My system is good, Toskala has only allowed 9 goals in about 4 games work and my team is physical and blocks shots. Nobody with more than 2 goals, but 12 goals scorers in 5 games is nice as well.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
GOOD

3-1-1.
Offence is clicking. Defence is good too.
2nd amongst shots for and 5th in shots against.
PK has been decent even though I'm not playing my top players (keeping ice time down).
Not the worst team in the league for hitting. Beating out 11 softer teams.
Two deadline additions, Brian Rafalski and Jason Arnott, are both playing well.
This sim actually likes Jarome Iginla who should break out after a few subdued years in the FHL sim.
Depth. 8 dmen who could suit up. 20 forwards. Have 8 forwards who can play in the top 6. Injuries shouldn't be a factor.

COULD BE BETTER

The PP could be better.
Backstrom struggled a little - will need to be better to win the division, but Raycroft looked fine.

BAD
Both losses came when the Flames went all out offence on their settings. Without that setting, the Flames scored 6 goals twice and won a 2-1 game. Early indications are that they'll stick with the default.

OVERALL
Very happy. There are no reasons this team shouldn't make the playoffs and challenge for the top spot in the NW.

Default101

Good.. once i figured out what was wrong with my lines lol

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
For the Blues...

The Good: The offence was clicking pretty well, although the goals came in bunches versus consistently. Overall team defence (shots against) was decent, but thought it would be better actually.

The Bad: A lot of penalties and poor goaltending - never a good match.

The Ugly: Losing two our of three against the bloody Hawks. I've got enough tough match-ups in our division without having to worry about them... <sigh>

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
The good: We beat Blues!

The bad: We lost to the Jackets

The ugly: Need more offence

Overall I'm satisfied by my teams performance. Anything has to be better than last year. Going to be plenty of one goal losses

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
For the Canucks:

The Good

- Seven of a possible ten points. I'll take that rate over a full season.
- Geno Malkin with 5 goals and 7 points in 5 games.
- Third ranked PK, despite taking the second most penalties

The Bad

- Not a single regulation win.
- Despite the decent place in the standings, the team is even in goals for/against.
- Brodeur giving up 4 goals on 9 shots (in 30 minutes!) against the Wild
- Second most penalized team in the league

The Ugly

- Brodeur giving up 4 goals on 9 shots (in 30 minutes!) against the Wild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad