Are you guys sold on Rob Schremp?

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Speed isn't everything... Latendresse doesn't getting his nose dirty in traffic areas, plays physical and has NHL size (and then some). Does Shremp have any of those attributes?

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Cute lacrosse tricks might be a whole lot of fun for guys to do at the end of a practise when the players don't have to listen to coaches barking orders during practises and the guys want to spend a few minutes goofing off before heading to the showers. None of that will earn him a full time or even part time NHL job. In the real time game as an Oiler,Schremp might be facing the prospect of a Dion Phaneuf or Robyn Regehr wanting to staple him to the boards. In other words he won't be likely to get close enough to Kiprusoff to even attempt that lacrosse stuff. Players like Jarome Iginla and Sydney Crosby probably aren't nearly as good with the quirky lacrosse spins, but who cares? Those guys score mostly because they know exactly how much ice the opposing d-men are giving them and go hard to the net through all that lumber out there.

Perchance this is a Calgary fan who has such awful things to say about Rob Schremp?

teddygmr

Jul 7, 2006
I believe if Shremp applies himself and improves his work ethic and skating he can be an all-star for the next dozen years.......in the AHL

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
I believe if Shremp applies himself and improves his work ethic and skating he can be an all-star for the next dozen years.......in the AHL

What makes you think SCHREMP doesn't apply himself or doesn't have a good work ethic?

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
Oilers fans need to be patient with Schremp... he's the type of player that will likely require a few years of AHL seasoning before he can make the jump to the NHL and produce.

The oozes offensive skill and creativity... just needs to polish his defensive game and skating. I still think he'll be a very good player in the NHL one day.

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
Schremp should end up being a top 6 winger in the NHL one day, whetther it be with Edmonton or not. I think that if next year Edmonton was to make another cup run, they would use Schremp as trade bait.

WheatiesHockey

Dec 19, 2006
Here is the issue. Schremp is a young AHL player playing among his peers and other prospects for NHL jobs. His first year numbers have been slightly above average and respectable, but nowhere near the stats of an elite top 6 NHL prospect. The parent Oilers aren't big scorers this year so any help would be welcomed. So, if in fact Schremp is an elite prospect, he would be close to a call up at this point.

Operation Hedera

Sep 9, 2006
connecticut
I saw him play on sunday for the WBS Pens, and he did not impress me. Yes his skating is bad. Yes he is a sniper and has sickening stickhandling skills. However, he didn't seem to have any intensity. He didn't even try.

And he is as slow as a snail. Think like a smaller version of John Leclair, skating-wise. :shakehead

Heske_44

Jul 4, 2006
48 games into his pro career and he doesnt have the extra 16 points to make him 'elite' at this point....very cute.

He'll be a top 6 guy, PP guy for sure at some point in his career if he improves at the rate he is today. To say after half an AHL season that he is a bust or can't be franchise this or that is nothing short of 30 Ms. Cleo's.

Work ethic can change on a dime....I'd love to meet the guy that gave Schremp his incredible offensive attributes...just can't teach that.

I'm not sold on him but what doesn't sell me about Schremp is something that can be changed with some good 'ol fashion hard work. Talk to me about who or what Schremp will be come at the end of next season...at least let him get 150 games under his belt.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
No. The guy can't even put up half decent numbers in the AHL. That's when he's not a healthy scratch. And I don't get those lacrosse moves at all. Is that suppose to impress anyone? Not me. I'd blow the whistle and call a high stick.

Arcane

Oct 25, 2006
No. The guy can't even put up half decent numbers in the AHL. That's when he's not a healthy scratch. And I don't get those lacrosse moves at all. Is that suppose to impress anyone? Not me. I'd blow the whistle and call a high stick.

dumb post.

I pretty well much agree with the general consensus. Rob needs to change some things before he can even crack the lineup. His attitude has always been called into question and his numbers this year are pretty bad. I have read a few reports that suggest he does know his skating is a problem and it sounds like he is working on it. Time will tell, like all prospects.

BleedingOil

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton

I agree man, although I believe he can be a star in this league. I think it'll just take a few years in the AHL to develop his speed and overall game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad