Pre-Game Talk: Are you cheering for the Canucks to Win or Lose this season?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This season seems to be extremely complicated as a fan of this organization.

With the season about to start, I am wondering if you guys are going to cheer the canucks to win or lose this year.

In theory it sounds kind of silly, but in reality does a winning playoff season benefit the canucks long term.

Last edited:

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
This season seems to be extremely complicated aa a fan of this organization.

With the season about to start, I am wondering if you guys are going to cheer the canucks to win or lose this year.

In theory it sounds kind of silly, but in reality does a winning playoff season benefit the canucks long term.

As we've seen the past three seasons there is really nothing to cheer for either way.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
This season seems to be extremely complicated aa a fan of this organization.

For the 9000th time, playoff is only worth a **** if the team has elite franchise level talent who benefits from the experience, or if said team has a real shot at the cup.

If not, tank hard for the draft.

It's far from the ideal model, but NHL made it so. Detroit tried decades to fight against this model and still can't beat it.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I hope for a top 10 pick and massive year from the young kids like bo and stecher

Last edited:

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
For the 9000th time, playoff is only worth a **** if the team has elite franchise level talent who benefits from the experience, or if said team has a real shot at the cup.

If not, tank hard for the draft.

It's far from the ideal model, but NHL made it so. Detroit tried decades to fight against this model and still can't beat it.

Except the oilers broke that model, you tank hard for a 33 per cent chance to get a top pick. If only it was as easy as it was before.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I find cheering to win or lose in this situation doesn't really matter since it doesn't effect the outcome when you have a bad team. All I can say is going in to training camp I'm modestly more interested in the team than the last two seasons.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Except the oilers broke that model, you tank hard for a 33 per cent chance to get a top pick. If only it was as easy as it was before.

yeah but if you don't tank you can't even have that 33%. Last year, had we not tanked, we'd likely have dropped even further down the ranks.

with the draft being less predictable, one key thing that can be done is to gather up more picks. But Benning will probably spend the rest of his days on how to stay the **** away from any extra draft picks.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
we need to lose. sad its losing for "higher lottery" odds, but it is what it is. we need some vital parts for the good of the franchises future.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
I see it as a win/win situation.

If the Canucks win a game I'm happy cuz my team won.

If the Canucks lose a game I'm happy cuz my team just improved it's draft lottery odds.

Mind you, this only works if you're pretty convinced they'll miss the playoffs no matter what, which is what I believe.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
My "best possible" season would be compete for the playoffs. Fall just short and win the draft lotto. The ideal win/win.

I will always cheer for a win. But will suffer very little if we lose.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

Not completely. A lower finish still gives you a higher base pick if you don't win the lottery. We may not have won a top 3 spot last year but picking 5th still beat picking 12th.

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
I want close competitive loses, 33-42-7, 2nd last just beating Vegas, get 4th pick in the Draft due to our luck

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
I'm as hard a tank as anyone here and I'd love to see them go 0-82. But I'm not going to sit and watch them and cheer for them to lose. I can't do that for an entire season. Mostly I just won't watch.

PredsForPresidents

Dec 31, 2014
British Columbia
I want to be excited when I watch the Canucks play, not depressed. If Boeser, Bo, and OJ take strides while still getting a good pick and maybe for once a lottery pick, I'm happy.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
last yr was super easy to go all in to lose with the same management and the coach
really hard to tell for me this yr.
hate everything the upper management does
want youth movement+icetime+let them play
interested how Green plays his cards
dont really want to sacrifice Green's coaching in the hope for the lose b.c i was a fan of his in Utica
but it's still more towards keep lose at all costs than save face

Last edited:

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
I want the veterans to fail and the youth to succeed. Meaning career years from Bo, Stecher, Hutton, would also love to see one of Gaunce/Rodin/Boucher stick; failure from Sutter/Eriksson/Sedins/Vanek, some deadline deals and a spot for Goldobin/Virtanen. Pick high at the draft.

Master Radishes

Nov 29, 2011
I'm cheering for them to start by losing badly, leading to a change in management, at which point they begin winning more, though not enough to climb into the playoffs so that they'll still have a shot at a lottery pick.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
My "best possible" season would be compete for the playoffs. Fall just short and win the draft lotto. The ideal win/win.

I will always cheer for a win. But will suffer very little if we lose.

Exactly, play the lottery for what it is. No disappointment for dropping 3 spots for the 3rd straight year. Try to develop a winning atmosphere and a good environment for the youth to come into. Play some entertaining hockey.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
If they get absolutely crushed, it will lead to change.

A new NHL record for losses, and we could have a new management team!!! :)

Burn baby burn:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad