Are you cheering for or against McDavid hitting 100 points?

Cheering for or against McDavid

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
As a Leaf fan, hell yeah I want McDavid to score 100 points.

Why would I wish for the failures of others?
I wish for more and better fortune for myself, but never at the expense of others.

Would love to see McDavid get 100 points.
Would love to see Matthews score 50 goals.
Also would like to see Draisaitl, Mackinnon and others get to 85 - 95 points as well.

Reactions: King K Rool

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
He's not playing for my team, so against. I always root against all the bad guys.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
As a Leaf fan, hell yeah I want McDavid to score 100 points.

Why would I wish for the failures of others?
I wish for more and better fortune for myself, but never at the expense of others.

Would love to see McDavid get 100 points.
Would love to see Matthews score 50 goals.
Also would like to see Draisaitl, Mackinnon and others get to 85 - 95 points as well.
I don’t think any of those are happening except McDavid getting 100.

Matthews isn’t going to score 10 goals in his last 4 games. Mackinnon is at 65 points currently, he’s not going to get 20 points in these last few games. Draisaitl has an outside shot at 85 points, but it’ll be tough for him since he’d need 12 points in 6 games and (2 PPG is a really hot streak)

McDavid is looking like a slam dunk though. 9 points in 6 games is only 1.5 PPG, he’s at 1.82 PPG on the season

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Absolutely for it. He's scoring at 150 point pace over a full 82 game season. Even getting over 130 would be historic for the modern game. This is great for hockey.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Why would anyone cheer against it?
Well, Crosby stans have been moving goalposts and doing mental gymnastics to downplay everything McDavid does as he's been non stop violating their comfort zones since he's been in the league.

Reactions: Voight

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
The fact he has lived up to the hype is one thing, the fact that he keeps vetting better is even better.
It's always nice to see the players live that in 20 years people will talk of him and how great he was, I'm sure this season will be part of that convo.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Do you really think Daver is pulling for McDavid to hit 100 points this year?!
Lol nailed it. This is his nightmare.

As for the topic, absolutely I’m cheering for it. I can appreciate that I’m watching something special.

King K Rool

Big Bad
Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton
Well, Crosby stans have been moving goalposts and doing mental gymnastics to downplay everything McDavid does as he's been non stop violating their comfort zones since he's been in the league.

I've found Pens fans have been pretty gracious for the most part once they believed McDavid surpassed Crosby.

And that's probably because PIT and EDM are the only two cities in hockey that know how it feels like to have a generational superstar playing the best hockey of their careers for them. And it feels amazing, doesn't it Pittsburgh?:D

I just hope McDavid stays here into his 30s, I admit I am kinda jelly about Lemieux playing his entire career with PIT.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm hoping for a return to 1980's offense, so I'd be fine with multiple players hitting 100 this season.

The 90's DPE almost drove me away from watching hockey because I don't find 2-1 games every night entertaining. So any chance I get to see high octane offense either on a team level or individual level, I'm all for it.

(Unless it's against the Pens. Then I'd rather teams score DPE levels against the Pens each and every night)

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
I always cheer for the greats. I feel lucky to have seen all of Gretzky, Ovechkin, Crosby and even Bobby Orr (hey I was a youngster!) score live.
I’ll see McDavid one day too and add him to my list.
He is absolutely spectacular to watch in a live game. He is the most obvious person on the ice at every game. Just a special player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad