TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
went here a ton growing up

the video games were always behind this glass wall thing

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Going to Toys R Us as a kid in the 80's was incredible! I'm not quite sure what the modern equivalent would even be?

FAO-Schwarz toystore in NY??

16FAO-superJumbo.jpg

Reactions: Toonces

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Forgot all about them. I remember they actually closed for a few years but then reopened. Went there when I was kid once or twice! Not sure how I remember but I remember buying one of those cool yo-yos when they became popular randomly for like half a year :laugh:

It’s also where they filmed the “Duncan’s Toy Chest” toy store scenes for Home Alone 2. :)

Oh shit…you mean those Yomega automatic-return yoyos? I remember when those were a thing too!!

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Probably the closest thing is going to amazon.com lmao.

Imagine being so lazy/dumb as dirt as a child that you get your parents to buy your toys online for you instead of wanting to go to a toy store in town.

Don’t kids today know that going to the toystore is fun!!! :shakehead You can press all the talking toys activation buttons in an aisle simultaneously, or try some overly expensive shit out without paying for it. You and a friend could race some unattended wagons/bikes down an aisle or two, etc.

Memories.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Haha yes! Everyone was trying to do all those tricks with them :laugh:

I had two of the original 97-‘98 X-Brain ones and the Fireball one too.

I actually bought another Yomega X-Brain like 10 years ago randomly on a whim for the sake of nostalgia when the Mrs. and I popped into a toy store to get her niece and nephew a birthday gift. :laugh:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Isn't Jiminy cricket just a TJ gimmick account? Or is someone else in charge of that?

Probably.

Still annoying as f*** though....whoever/whatever they are. :dunno: :laugh:

Imagine having no life but multiple forum alt accounts. :laugh:

Even f***ing @John Price sticks to just one account and his postcount is the stuff of internet legend.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
Haha yes! Everyone was trying to do all those tricks with them :laugh:
We had tom kuhn sleeping machines at my elementary school. They were like $50 and my parents were like "nah", lmao. Bought me one of the brains instead.

Like a year ago i pointlessly bought a tom kuhn off ebay to re-live that nostalgia. Still cost $50 so I guess it was a deal in relative terms.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad