Salary Cap: Are we now vulnerable to a rival offer sheet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazz

Oct 4, 2017
With 7.3 cap space left & RFAs McAvoy & Carlo yet to lock up, are the Bruins now vulnerable to a rival offer sheet? They still have the temporary 10% above the ceiling relief but that doesn’t mitigate someone trying to pry either d-man between now and particularly closer to the 10% DL! Hope Donnie has something in the works, I suspect he must based on the current roster, particularly the D, and cap situation but who knows?

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I don't think they're anymore vulnerable than before. McAvoy can't sign an offer sheet so there's no worry there. I don't see anyone over paying Carlo enough to the point where the Bruins won't/can't match. Beyond that, he'd have to sign the offer sheet. Fears about offer sheets are way overblown by hockey fans in general

Reactions: bbfan419

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
McAvoy cant be offersheeted and Carlo won't get an offer sheet too high for us to match. anything over 4.23 AAV and under 6.34 for Carlo would bring back a first and a third round pick. Can't see anyone offering him that much.

Reactions: bbfan419

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Sure. Carlo isn't the worst guy to overpay and sheet the picks are minimal and at worst you squeeze us out of some cap room. So what you'd be paying a 4 mil guy 6 its not like he isn't in the top 5/10 D men defensively already his skating isn't gonna regress at his age.

Sheeting McAvoy would be risky as its gonna cost multiple 1sts for us to not match and I'm not sure hes that good but he can't be offer sheeted.

Carlo should be done by now. I get McAvoy is trickier with both AAV and term.

We should be the ones looking to offersheet a Chara replacement like Werenski.

Our cap space is really more like 19 there is another 11.6 in room with Backes/Miller/Moore on LTIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad