Are We Headed in the Right Direction?

Are we headed in the right direction?

• Total voters

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I’m not butt hurt. And its not “again” I’ve never talked to you. I want a slow rebuild and don’t care about the current results but the fact of the matter is there’s a good shot our two high picks were flubs. Slaf looks rough and passing on Michkov is what I think is going to define this regime. I could be wrong but that’s how I see it. I don’t know how you could say the Newhook trade is a great move already after 3 games but I thought it was meh at the time. Replacing dach because he’s injured is irrelevant to me because I don’t care about the team doing well in the short term

You credibility is lost when you are ready to label Slaf and Reinbacher as flubs while labelling Michkov as a 100+ point player.

Reactions: ElQuebecois

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
You credibility is lost when you are ready to label Slaf and Reinbacher as flubs while labelling Michkov as a 100+ point player.
I don’t know anybody who’d disagree with me calling Michkov a potential 100 point player other than apparently you? Michkov has been called a potential 100 point player by professionals and a rival in skill to bedard for years. Key word potential. I never said he was a 100 point player so please don’t misrepresent me.

Slaf looks pretty bad. Reinbacher looks good just wouldn’t have taken him there. If Michkov becomes his potential that pick becomes a flub

Last edited:
Reactions: Talik Sanis

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I trust Hughes and MSL alot but im scared that we don’t have the right guys to lead the scouting department with Lapointe and Bobrov. Im afraid that taking Slaf over Cooley, Mesar over Kulich and Reinbacher over Michkov is gonna bit us in the ass big time!!
I love MSL but I'm not sure what good having a "Player's Coach" is doing for us right now. There is zero system in place. MSL just gives motivational speeches in games we lose 5-1. I'm not advocating that we fire him but we need to bring in somebody who actually has some tactical skills behind the bench.

Getting outcoached by Sheldon f***ing Keefe of all people in Game 1 of the season really left a sour taste in my mouth. Giving up 2 EN goals to tie the game, the Leafs pulled the goalie with 6+ minutes left and won the game. Every single player should have gotten chewed out after that.

At least Guy Boucher would be teaching the young guys how to play in the NHL. MSL just tells the guys to go out there and have fun, and he shows obvious favoritism to Caufield, to the point where other players on the Habs call him Cole's Dad.

Marty says that players get offensive freedom when they show responsibility in the defensive zone, but none of our forwards our defensively responsible. We get out possessed by a disgusting margin. Even with a personnel disadvantage, good coaching would counteract a lot of that.

Also nobody can complete a pass...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I love MSL but I'm not sure what good having a "Player's Coach" is doing for us right now. There is zero system in place.

because you aren't in the room, so how could you or anyone know what impact he has on the players. Caufield certainly has excelled under him, and thankfully we FINALLY have a head coach that doesn't want to try and win games 2-1

It's tough to judge a rookie coach on a rebuilding team but MSL to me is the right guy for the job no question. Now in a few years when we hopefully don't suck, we'll see if he's still the right choice or not since NHL coaches are hired to be fired.

Reactions: HabzSauce

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
because you aren't in the room, so how could you or anyone know what impact he has on the players. Caufield certainly has excelled under him, and thankfully we FINALLY have a head coach that doesn't want to try and win games 2-1

It's tough to judge a rookie coach on a rebuilding team but MSL to me is the right guy for the job no question. Now in a few years when we hopefully don't suck, we'll see if he's still the right choice or not since NHL coaches are hired to be fired.
Could you (or anyone) please tell me what our system is?

I've been begging since last year, it feels like we enter every game with zero game plan except hope that Caufield scores

I would rather win games 2-1 than lose games 6-2

How can there be accountability to a system or gameplan that doesn't exist

Reactions: Big Lurk

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I've been begging since last year, it feels like we enter every game with zero game plan except hope that Caufield scores

I would rather lose a high scoring game then watching paint dry hoping we hold on for a 2-1 win but everybody's different.

Of course there can be accountability, ask Armia just with the situation they walked into, it's going to take a lot of time to fix.

Apr 28, 2010
I trust Hughes and MSL alot but im scared that we don’t have the right guys to lead the scouting department with Lapointe and Bobrov. Im afraid that taking Slaf over Cooley, Mesar over Kulich and Reinbacher over Michkov is gonna bit us in the ass big time!!
im willing to bet hugo wouldve picked cooley/michkov if suzuki/caufield weren't under 6ft.

Reactions: Hins77 and montreal

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I would rather lose a high scoring game then watching paint dry hoping we hold on for a 2-1 win but everybody's different.

Of course there can be accountability, ask Armia just with the situation they walked into, it's going to take a lot of time to fix.
Armia was demoted because he is a loner who doesn't buy into any of the young guy cliquey stuff. If he was a silly locker room guy like Wideman or Pezzetta he would have his spot reserved.

Do you have any answer on what our system is? I've been considering starting a thread because everyone avoids that question like the plague

Apr 28, 2010

when's the last time this team had a game plan? lol

this team has always relied on goaltending (roy, theodore, halak, price..)

maybe a really good goalie is what we need. i mean just look at the oilers.. habs could have all the skills but it's nothing without a decent/consistent goaltending.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I got to think no sane person would believe that.

I've never been a systems guy, never coached at any level.
They clearly place an emphasis on having a cohesive team who get along well, so it is more likely than you think.

If you watched any of the Habs social media videos during training camp, you would see for yourself. Armia always looked miserable around the young guys, and when Caufield was asked which teammate he missed most over the summer, he said Armia in a clearly joking manner, smirking, reminiscent of how a high school bully would answer.

when's the last time this team had a game plan? lol

this team has always relied on goaltending (roy, theodore, halak, price..)

maybe a really good goalie is what we need. i mean just look at the oilers.. habs could have all the skills but it's nothing without a decent/consistent goaltending.
Then it looks like we are heading in the wrong direction because every goalie in the system is complete ass

• Haha
Reactions: Big Lurk

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Do you have any answer on what our system is? I've been considering starting a thread because everyone avoids that question like the plague
I doubt most people can even name many systems outside of the trap. So what exactly would you expect people to respond with?

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
If you watched any of the Habs social media videos during training camp, you would see for yourself. Armia always looked miserable around the young guys, and when Caufield was asked which teammate he missed most over the summer, he said Armia in a clearly joking manner, smirking, reminiscent of how a high school bully would answer.

Gleaned all that from a video? You are truly gifted.

Cool Emoticon

• Haha
Reactions: Scriptor

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
They clearly place an emphasis on having a cohesive team who get along well, so it is more likely than you think.

Then it looks like we are heading in the wrong direction because every goalie in the system is complete ass
WTF!? Armia was said be liked the room by the young kids. You're just making up crap and sounding like you want to rile up some posters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad